Best place to get cattle panels?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by buspete, May 16, 2006.

1. buspete

buspete Well-Known Member

The local Agway sells 52" x 16' welded wire livestock panels in two styles:

"Combination" panels that have extra wires welded in at the bottom so little critters can't crawl through. These are $29.99

Regular panels, with the same spacing of wire all the way up. These are $23.99

I'm pretty sure the regular ones will work for me. I'm sketching up as arrangement of pens based on 16' panels for assorted critters, and I'll probably need 10 or more panels.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get them than through the feed store? For instance, are they cheaper by the bundle, factoring in freight if I were to order them somewhere?

2. moldy

moldy Well-Known Member

Have you tried Tractor supply? My parents picked up 2 cattle panels for about $16 each.

3. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

was that this year? at our feed store they were 18 bucks last year, but this year they went up to 19 and something.

4. gccrook

gccrook Well-Known Member

It obviously varies by location. I just bought some a couple of weeks ago, and they were $16. That has been the going price around here for some time now. Used to be about $9 about 3 years ago.

5. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

My regular stock pannels are $17.99 now and I just bought some that have 4inch squares that I really like that were $18.99.

6. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

Well over 20 bucks here and close to exactly the price you paid 23 and 29.

7. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

The price will vary also based on the type of galvanizing. The better panels are hot dip galvanized and they will last seemingly forever. TSC's are electro galvanized.

8. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

I got mine from TSC a couple of months ago. Cattle panels. They were $16 each.