Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
He looks very happy! I bet he is VERY glad to be out of the shelter and in a loving, cozy home :)

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
My neighbors had a St. Bernard, Beethoven. He used to take himself for a walk down the alley when he'd sneak out. Their youngest, age 9 would walk him around town and he behaved so well for her.

He's a lucky fellow. How do you know he was on the streets for a year?

·
Chief Goat Wrangler
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shelter said that the person that called to have him picked up said he had been a neighborhood dog for a year, just roaming around being a community pup. However, now that he has been here a few days, I have my doubts. He was obviously someone's pet, they said the choker he was wearing was on him when he was picked up. He has awesome manners, well, except he knows how to open the lid of the garbage can. Luckily he just sniffs and closes it so far. He doesn't mind being brushed, not food aggressive, doesn't mind having his feet touched, and is housetrained. He stands in front of the door when he wants to go out. We take him out on leash, we are not fenced in here, and I'm not sure yet if he would take off. I can't help but wonder if someone gave him up because they couldn't afford him. He has been groomed at some point, as the hair on his feet is trimmed. He does have some bad mats behind his ears that I am afraid may have to be shaved out. He is scared of the bath tub, and I haven't found a groomer close by. I may have to try the PetSmart about 30 miles from here. He is such a sweetie, my 4 year old son said he is "the best dog in the whole universe".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts