Belly button hernia

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by millipede, Jan 10, 2007.

1. millipede

millipede quack...

I'm just curios how many have had children with this, and if they ever did anything about it.
    Our son has it. Showed up when he was a few weeks old, and it looked horrible. I did a lot of reading, and my mom asked a friend(nurse) and even had us take him to the doctor(even after I told her it wasn't necessary), and everything said that it USUALLY clears up on its own by the time the child is a year old.
    Well, his did get quite a bit better, but it is still obvious most of the time and he is 10 months old now. I do believe it is still going away on its own, slowly...
    but I was wondering if anyone dealing with it has ever tried to do anything to help it along. When I feed him I push it in with my finger...
    This girl my wife knows says she'd never heard of kids getting it(though it is common), but she mentioned with puppies(i had never heard of that with puppies) she would tape a marble there or something.

Anyway, I'm not really worried about it as I do believe it is still getting better. Just wanted to see what others have done if anything.

2. backachersfarm

backachersfarm Well-Known Member

My daughter had one of them too. It went away on it's own eventually. The more mobile he becomes to strengthen those abs, the less noticible it will be.

Sharon

3. millipede

millipede quack...

Thanks. When it started it looked horrible. I had read enough to not be worried but my mom had never seen such a thing.
    For quite some time it seemed like it was getting a lot better... then for a while the improvement seemed to be quite slow.
    Now it's starting to look better again. I knew it was likely to go away on its own, even though there are rare cases when it needs to be operated on... I think I was just being impatient.
    But the past day or so it looks better than just a few days before, so that's good.