Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read and contributed to an older thread about coffee. One of the posts was about being served coffee in the shower!!! Very nice idea!! So i decided to start a thread about showing some extra niceness, and I hope you all will contribute your ideas as well, this could become a long going thread, lets hope so. i'll go first.

One way to show some appreciation and "extra niceness" would be....

In the winter months slide over to her side of the bed a few minutes early and use your body heat to warm her side of the bed so when she slides in its already nice and toasty!:hobbyhors

Next.....

·
newfieannie
9,631 Posts
my love had his own controls for the blanket. most times it was left off because he liked it cooler than I did. so what stuff did I do for him to show my love? write stuff on the bathroom mirror in lipstick before he went to have a shave. course the length of time I had him home I would make all his favorite food. run up to our woods in the morning real early and put notes on trees before he went up with his chain saw. full body massage. when I packed his clothes for leaving I would write love notes and put them in all of his pockets. just too many things to remember right now. it was a way of life for us. I dyed his hair purple one time though by mistake. he didn't like that too well. ~Georgia.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Make homemade bread, hugs for "no reason" other than I Love You, prepare favorite meals, carry out a tall glass of iced tea when he's out on a hot day, working on equipment; just a few off the top of my head.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
It's those little things! If I run the DW overnight, he will empty it in the AM while I dress. I will bring him a drink of whatever while he is working from home. The best one is I will flash him (braless) when he is in the middle of a stressful issue with work! :happy2:
That'll take the edge off. :happy:

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Homesteaders with electric blankets just doesnt work for me:)
I didn't want to say that as to not stifle the thread but :umno: .

errrr....you folks forget who is posting....lol...my prepared homestead handles many many situations from many angles...home heating is my woodstove with cooking eye,electric furnace,heatpump,propane ventless heater,kerosense portable heater,generator backup,electric blanket,quilts that my grandmother and great grandmother made....roflmao.

when I get one of them man hotflashes and drop the temps to super chilly yall be glad to scurry under that electric blanket...lol....:teehee::happy2:

Shangri-La.....an advanced homestead striving to be better each day.

we all could be called out on being on internet and computers and using cellphones,wifi etc....lol

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Packing his/our lunches for the day. My husband always appreciated it. One day I packed steak and potatoes, there was always a nice something in his lunch bag. He always said he was the only one who never had hum-drum lunches at work :)

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
errrr....you folks forget who is posting....

Shangri-La.....an advanced homestead striving to be better each day.

we all could be called out on being on internet and computers and using cellphones,wifi etc....lol
What's wifi? Never mind, good ole 3 g wii suffice.

You got it right about the advanced homestead . Isn't that
why they call it 'Modern' homesteading or 'NOT homesteading yesterday'?

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
What's wifi? Never mind, good ole 3 g wii suffice.

You got it right about the advanced homestead . Isn't that
why they call it 'Modern' homesteading or 'NOT homesteading yesterday'?
today I was out fishing and caught 10 fish on a microlite rod from zen stead....:)

so far advanced I have advanced items from the frozen north lands....went from willow stick to graphite....lol

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Your right Darren. IF more women did things like that, there likely would be less divorces.. Course, could work the other way too, now that I think on it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I"m thinking I need to make cookies - RIGHT NOW - because DH is taking DD (his step daughter) to Denver (1.5 hours away one way) to check out a car for her to buy.

Yep - definately need to go make cookies.

(If he's home before I go to bed, I might even flash him, too!!)

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
I have been sort of -'getting used to', being single,'content' with living by myself. It is threads like these (the little things,that Love entails), that remind me how good it could be*. Dim, You are a Good Dude!, You seem to have the romanticism down Brother! And all of You ladies are something else too! I keep imagining Nehi, bringing me a cool Iced tea, with a beautiful smile on her face! And Cindiu, a coffee in the shower-I better stop right there!

I used to write my Late Wife a note, every Morning before I went to work. I would tell her I Loved her, I was going to miss her, or I was sorry for something I said or did? At the end of each note, I would make a sketch, of some flowers in a vase. I always woke up before her, so I would make her Tea with Lemon and Honey* It's those little things that makes this life so great* Thank You All, for being here- this place has left a lasting impression on me*

1 - 20 of 41 Posts