Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
There are lots of beheadings and always have been.

There was a double beheading a few weeks ago, the lady that went missing and her husband was found beheaded.
Beheading is fairly common...
Which is awful, but it has always been around.

Oh.. and stopped by off-duty cop.

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like there is an Islam component to it, or so mass media says. Doesn't mean the guy isn't boot lick'en crazy, too, though.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts

There was a double beheading a few weeks ago, the lady that went missing and her husband was found beheaded.

Ok, a few notes here ...

This was a beheading by a guy who had just recently converted to Islam and been FIRED for aggressively demanding his coworkers also convert.

He went back to his workplace and beheaded the first woman he could catch and was working on catching a second one when the "off duty" cop shot him.

That off duty cop was working as a private security guard, IN his sheriff's uniform and with his government gun.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
It was only a matter of time. There's a lot of Muslims that have immigrated here, but also a lot of converts coming from disaffected groups.

Before people go clamoring for laws about Muslims, consider that beheading someone (or any type of murder) is already a crime. Do we really want to open up religious persecution to our government? Against ANY religion?

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, a few notes here ...

This was a beheading by a guy who had just recently converted to Islam and been FIRED for aggressively demanding his coworkers also convert.

He went back to his workplace and beheaded the first woman he could catch and was working on catching a second one when the "off duty" cop shot him.

That off duty cop was working as a private security guard, IN his sheriff's uniform and with his government gun.
This make it sound like more of a crazy guy, then a religious component as a motivator. He could have been pushing them to join anything, it just happened to be Islam this time. He could have been pushing them to homeschool, join the PTA, eat fish, etc and gone off the deep end just a much. Just got media play due to the Islam, is my guess.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Sounds like more of a crazy guy, then a religious component. He could have been pushing them to join anything, it just happened to be Islam this time.
Considering the past history they have released on the guy ... most likely.

Could have been worse, I suppose. He could have joined the Kiwanis.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I find it interesting that the Headlines just say beheading, but if the man had been a member of a politically incorrect socially stigmatized group the headline would have said something like this

LOCAL YOUTH PASTOR AND BOY SCOUT LEADER GOES ON RELIGIOUSLY FUELED KILLING SPREE TARGETING WOMEN!

I am a bit tired of the quasi-connection between militant Islam and violent crime being covered up in the media.

·
free leonard peltier
2,315 Posts
I don't know Chick.

I try hard not to just swallow the koolaid, even when it goes with my first instincts.

But it's naive to think we can form any clear, definite knowledge on happenings we aren't involved in. With the sources we get info from nowadays?

It's not judgmental or wrong to have thought process and weigh possibilities.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Ok, a few notes here ...

I think that it should be noted that the "off duty" cop is the CEO of the company who also is a sheriff reserve deputy, not a private security guard.

http://newsok.com/article/5345858

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
I think that it should be noted that the "off duty" cop is the CEO of the company who also is a sheriff reserve deputy, not a private security guard.

http://newsok.com/article/5345858
Chalk one up to confirmation bias and faulty reporting. Earlier articles said he was a deputy working as a security guard.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Chalk one up to confirmation bias and faulty reporting. Earlier articles said he was a deputy working as a security guard.
They probably figured that anyone at a workplace who was carrying a gun had to be a security guard.

They forgot that this happened in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
They probably figured that anyone at a workplace who was carrying a gun had to be a security guard.

They forgot that this happened in Oklahoma.
Unless of course it's federal property like a post office.

Does it seem to anyone else that Oklahoma has more than its share of weirdness?

·
Registered
82 Posts

Would you please provide the FBI report that proves beheadings in the US are common.
I am interested.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Oh for pity's sake.
It is fairly common.

We have enough issues to worry about without blowing something simple into something bigger with more meaning.
No common at all.

If you're walking down the street and find Rosary beads, you'd assume a Catholic had passed by. Walking down the same street and find a decapitated body - - -? It's not a coincidence their favorite atrocity is called for in their book.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Would you please provide the FBI report that proves beheadings in the US are common.
I am interested.
Beheadings are actually fairly common, but more post mortem rather than as the act of killing.

The removal of the head and hands leaves the body very difficult to identify, which reduces the chances of a murderer being caught. The head and hands are easier to dispose of than the entire corpse.

Beheadings done for ideological reasons are limited to certain tribes in Papua New Guinea and ultra-orthodox Islamic sects.

This individual had only recently converted to Islam and probably did not have the theological understanding of the premises regarding beheadings in Islamic law. He was a street criminal frustrated by a system. It is likely that his only understanding of beheadings and their relation to Islam came from recent television broadcasts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts