Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
(formerly Laura Jensen)
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a red miniature pig on Craigslist, and being partial to red animals went to have a look. According to the woman who had her, she's two years old, had one litter about five months ago, and was a good mother. The woman said she was a crossbred mini, but looking at her bone structure, which was all too clear at the time, I suspected she was, if not pure Kunekune, at least a high percentage. I brought her home, wormed her, and let her free feed for three weeks. Check out what a pig can do with a worming and three weeks of decent nutrition!

I think she'll make a nice addition to my homestead hog breeding stock. I just picked up a little 7/8 Kunekune boar, as well. I've heard a lot about how tasty Kunekunes are, and I'm excited to see how their babies will butcher out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Amazing difference! I am not a pig owner, but have always liked the little guys. That girl is a lucky one that you found her! Seriously good job!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Wow is right! I have a kunekune boar that I plan to cross with my 1/2AGH/1/2Berk gilt. I like crossing and hybrid vigor. I need to post a pic of my "Boris" the boar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts