Beefmaster Cows

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by YuccaFlatsRanch, Aug 15, 2005.

1. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a chance to get 2 cow calf pairs for a good price. They are Beefmasters - pros / cons??

2. Celtic Herritag

Celtic Herritag Celtic Heritage Farms

ugh aside from being the most ugly cows on the planet they're great. They're a modern super breed, they produce alot of good flavored meat and are disese resistant pretty good breed but I prefer my beautiful anguses

3. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

We used to raise beefmasters. I think they are beautiful! Easy calving, great beef, desease resistant, and pretty gentle cattle. Good resale in our area too.

Halo

4. Celtic Herritag

Celtic Herritag Celtic Heritage Farms

:cow: He he the only thing that is beautiful about them to me is the beautiful green they out in my pocket

5. pointer_hunter

pointer_hunter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what is ugly about them. They are some of the best looking cattle in our area (including the Angus farms). If it's the color, they do have black beefmasters out there.

They are breed for easy calving, milking and beef production. By milking I mean they produce enough quality milk to raise their young to excellent weaning weights. Price depends on location and marketing. A farm a few hours south of us AI's their cows and sells young bulls and heifers. The steers they have sell for about 5 dollars a pound when butchered. Around us, that 5 dollars drops down to about 2 :stars:

6. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

Have decided to get them. Turns out they are 3-1's too. Bred backalready to a beefmaster bull. Next calves will probably be to angus to help them finish faster.

Also have a chance to get a pure bred Simmental cow calf pair in December. The cow is a good nurse cow and hase raised three calfs at one time successfully. A good nurse cow is a god send.

Brahma's are the ugliest cows.

7. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Heh they may look ugly but our Annie, looks just like one but is a mutt cow, is the most intelligent old looking but young ugly cow I have ever met, boy that's a tongue twister can't imagine saying it,lol :p .