beef cows wanted

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by ccs, Mar 11, 2005.

1. ccs

ccs New Member

I posted a thread on the barter board about looking for a few beef cows "beef cow wanted in louisiana" and had no real response. Is there no one on here that has what im looking for within a 4 hr drive, if not ,maybe I need to start a seed stock program. I hope that I can get some help

2. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

YOu might look on www.cattletoday.com and their classifieds. Also might try agdirect.com Best of luck! I know there are a lot in upper FL but don't know how far that is.

3. opus

opus Well-Known Member

ccs,

We sell all our Line One Hereford heifers to somewhere in LA. Want me to find a contact for you?

4. Mc's Farm

Mc's Farm Well-Known Member

I am new @ posting here, but have been lurking for several months. Your post caught my eye. So I registered in order to help you. I raised beef cattle @ the present time I have no cattle for sale. Cattle are calving now. You may want to check out the 2 stockyards (Brown's & Dominque's) in Baton Rouge or the 1 in Amite. Also, the Louisiana Market Bulletin is a big help. If I can be of any more assistance, just let me know.

5. dcs13

dcs13 Member

I have 2 6-month old Shorthorn bulls for sale. I am just north of Dallas. Email if interested

6. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I have one spotted heifer (not known if bred) - spots from Texas Longhorn background a couple of generations ago - and two young bulls. Heifer was a weezer as a yearling but seems to have outgrown it.

- Medium-haired red. Same mother as spotted heifer. 1/2 Black Simmental. Very friendly. Will eat corn out of my hand. Don't know where longer hair came from as both parents are fairly short-haired.

- B&W. About 1/4 Brahman, 1/4 Holstein and 1/2 Black Simmental. A bit stand-offish, although mother is fairly friendly.

Located in Waverly, TN (about half way between Nashville and Jackson, north of I-40 a little. Will let go for previous weeks local cattle auction prices for similar stock.

7. ccs

ccs New Member

I went to the Louisiana Angus replacement sale this weekend and picked up a great yearling hefier. Now I am looking for a solid older cow. I perfer angus , hereford or a cross with these. I am going to pass on the brama influenced cattle but I do thank you for you help. As for the information on the herefords I would appreciate that. you can PM me. I want to thank everyone for there responses because I was getting to feel avoided on the barter board. As for the cattle today board I am a regular visiter and this board is much more freindly and helpful. I also subscribe to the LA and MISS Market Bulletin and it seems that Bulls are the going thing in these papers but I do enjoy reading them