Bee video?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by connie in WV, Apr 26, 2005.

1. connie in WV

connie in WV Site Admin's Boss

I am interested in finding a video that would show the life of a hive. Does anyone know of one? I've asked at the library and checked Amazon. I thought it would be informative for the kids and me as we begin this adventure.

2. justgojumpit

justgojumpit Well-Known Member

try this, it should get you started for sure!

http://mkat.iwf.de/

search for bees

justgojumpit

3. connie in WV

That site is awesome! Even better when I figured out how to watch it in English. Thanks!

4. justgojumpit

you're more than welcome. I discovered that site about a year ago, and it was wonderful to see how other people manage their hives. I've pretty much been sticking it out alone, with help from websites and forums, building up my knowlege, but it sure is nice to see some people who have been doing this for many years work their hives. I feel like I've finally gotten over the urge to look at every single frame, and just take a quick look at how the hives are doing. Much less disruptive to the bees. I think I may get an observation hive set up in the near future, so I can enjoy watching the bees without actually opening up the hive.

justgojumpit

5. connie in WV

Ooohh...an observation hive! I thought that might be fun, especially for the kids. I might think more seriously about that IF I can keep my hive alive.

6. justgojumpit

I was thinking about a plexiglass hive built into the wall of the shed where I store my supers and beekeeping equipment, accessible from the inside. I still have some more planning to do though.

justgojumpit