Bee suits,

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by james dilley, May 9, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

I am going to try and buy 2 new ones tomorrow if the local Dadant supplier has the sizes needed in stock.

2. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Well-Known Member Supporter

What would I do if I were to make my own "perfect" bee suit?

The wrist cuffs would be velcro strapped with an elastic band, so I could bind them down and slip my gloves up over them easily. One size fits all, for real!

The ankle cuffs would be velco strapped with an elastic band as well, for the same basic reasons.

The waist cuts to let me get into my pants would be velco or zipper so they stay shut, or completely eliminated.

The neck collar would be high backed and stiff, to keep the bees from managing to sting me in the neck when the net folds against me. The collar would taper down in the front with no lapel wings.

The legs would be zippered full length. That way I could get my legs into them without having my pants bunch up and ride up.

Internal loops for internal suspenders. A pocket full of hive tools and such really pulls the coveralls down otherwise.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

A light colored dress shirt long sleeved with a lite T shirt under that from Good Will.
    A pair of blue jeans with the cuffs I use on occation.
    Just plain works for me.
    I also use gloves with a gantlet or just sleeve guards and gloves. I get most of my stings on the wrist.

:D Al

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Ende up buying just One thats all they had in stock. But remember this is A high africanized area too.