Because I was asked, vegetables I like

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Jan 12, 2007.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, collard greens, rice (if that considered a vegetable), asparagus, beans (not a lot), mixed salads, cabbage, green beans, I sure there are others i can;t remember right now.

Vegetables I dis like are okra (the texture), sour kraut ( the sourness), CARROTS, they are just plain nasty to me.

2. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

what about corn and peas? I don't eat okra because of the texture....sorry its just too slimy! and I don't like sour krout either. We do beans (just about any kind and plenty of them), corn, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, greens, salads, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and that's about it. I think.

3. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

Have ya ever had homade sauerkrraut? I won't eat the stuff ya get in stores. homemade doesn't have that sour taste. i'm on the fence with okra good in soup and deep fried.

4. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

I have tried okra once and was able to get it down but sure didn't ask for a second helping. I don't think I'll ever try it again either based on all the negative things I have heard about it. Saurkraut is yummy! Although I have never had it without a brat, just doesn't seem right. I love alamost all vegetables I think, except the okra of course.
    I was always the weird kid that went straight for the salad bar and passed up the hamburgers and fries.

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

I like all veg. except asparagus, absuletly love fried okra, pickled okra, boiled okra, and even raw okra. My favorite meal is fried okra, fresh green beans, just out of the garden tomatoes, and hot biscuits. I don't even need meat if I have those, and I want them fresh out of the garden.

6. via media

via media Tub-thumper

I'm not big on squash, beetroot or butter beans. Other than that, I'll eat most any vegetable.

I despise overcooked veggies, though. For years, I thought I didn't like broccoli, cauliflower and the like until I discovered that they tasted great raw or lightly steamed!

/VM

P.S. Two thumbs up for okra!

7. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Boy am I glad to hear this!! I worry about your regularity with no veggies. :p

8. Christine in OK

Christine in OK Well-Known Member Supporter

It'd be easier for me to list those I don't like!

Let's see, I don't like licorice flavors, so fennel is out. I don't particularly care for lima beans.

Um, any suggestions? I can't think of anything else I don't like!!

9. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

The Christine's are in agreement, I would have a better chance with naming ones I don't like. Now there are some I haven't ever tried so I don't know if I like them. I have never tried chard, rutabegga (sp), jerusalem artichoke, ummm I'm thinkin'....OH WAIT!! I don't like radishes!!

10. Christine in OK

Christine in OK Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, there's a few I haven't tried, like jerusalem artichokes.

But I like radishes...