Beautiful Fall Colors.... In TEXAS

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by havellostmywings, Dec 9, 2004.

1. havellostmywings

havellostmywings Well-Known Member

Took these pictures day before yesterday, driving down the back road into town...

and they say the best fall color is in East.. HUH!

Texas color

Best way to view is click on the zoom..

Lynn in Texas

2. amwitched

amwitched Well-Known Member

Most of our oak leaves seemed to just turn brown this year. Last year was very picturesque. Our whole hill was covered with red.

3. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

My place in east Texas near Athens (sandy soil) didn't have nearly the color that we had last year. The maple trees and oaks reflecting off the water were stunning last year. This year, eh. The Dallas area (black clay) was prettier than years before, however. But not as many trees, of course.

4. MsTrish

MsTrish Member

Hey Lynn...thanks for the pictures. Is this the central Texas area? Makes me homesick.

Trisha

5. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Pretty! But like the wife says flat!!! :haha: First time I took her down there,it was dark,she woke up next morning looks out the window :eek: Its flat!!!!! :haha:

big rockpile

6. dave98

dave98 Member

Those look like tallow trees.

They make pretty colors but are weed trees. I cut as many down as possible on my place....

7. havellostmywings

havellostmywings Well-Known Member

Trish,

I live half way between houston and corpus christi.. right outside of Victoria...

Dave,
    I dont know what kind of trees they are.. but, they are beautiful.. when the sun hits them, they actually look like they are on fire...

Out in the Hill Country, near Kerrville, they have a park called Lost Maples, with several groves of Maple trees ... they are gorgeous...

Lynn in Texas