bears & snow

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Clara Bell, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Clara Bell

Clara Bell Well-Known Member

Wanted to share what some of you might have already had fun reading. Didn't know quite where to put this. Connecting with the wild neighbors some of us live wiith.
    Here's to the refreshing chill of another winter season of our lives. There's a reason for every season where ever we are. Little bugs that challenge us in the growing season work within all these seasons with their life cycle and I hope its going to be a COLD winter!
    I can't wait to wake up to that first winter quiet, a peace, sound of snow falling in the dark hours between evening and early morning light. Here's to living with no alarm clock in the house!! Living life with rhythms.
    I love winter! Fire light, warmth and planning and dreaming of Spring.
    A lot of you already have that snowy magic. It's like dreaming an adult version of child-Santa-vision?
    The best thing about being snowed in is you can say honestly, "Sorry, I can't make it. I'm snowed in."
    Happy Holidays!
    My best to you. Clara

http://www.sweeteherbefarm.com/beabear.htm

2. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

hehe cute poem I will have to share that with the gf TNX!

3. ibcnya

ibcnya Well-Known Member

AAhh Clara, I used to really love that sense that you speak of when growing up. That winter quiet is the ultimate quiet after a good snow. It seems that all is good in that corner of the world. I used to hunt every day as a kid after school and I mean every day. The memories of that time are what you speak of. Life is everywhere in the dead of winter and I would literally meditate in the ultimate silence. Now I am older and I still attempt to grasp that time when the snow is powder and the silence in the trees is overpowering. Only the wind talks then.

4. Clara Bell

Clara Bell Well-Known Member

Okay, I've got all this computer working again. Yes, I am old and I am living my youth at the same time. I never knew this was going to happen, using memories of youth in this elder life to understand this elder life!
    It really is nice having memory, remembering feelings of child.
    I've been threatening all the family that I'm going to write a book about the family and I'm not going to wait for certain ones to pass on.g
    I'm reading a book and realize it's already been done! Million times.
    I'm glad I have the memories.
    I wish I was a mama bear......
    Quiet snow
    to both of you..
    Here's to a Merry Christmas!