Beaners(Kayleigh) and Triana.....

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by BertaBurtonLake, Nov 22, 2006.

1. BertaBurtonLake

BertaBurtonLake Well-Known Member

....you both asked for recipes for dishes I posted on the Thanksgiving menu thread and I totally missed it till now. I am more than happy to share them and apologize for responding so late.

For Triana.....

Better Than S*x Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    Whipped cream (real or cool whip...I prefer REAL!)
    bottled caramel sauce for ice cream
    Hershey's chocolate syrup
    Heath toffee bar pieces (bagged or crunch up bars)

Bake cake in a 9x13 according to package directions. When done remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Poke holes every 1/2 inch in cake while still in pan. Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over warm cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Next day, remove cake from fridge and drizzle top with Hershey's syrup. Frost heavily with whipped cream. Sprinkle Heath bar bits over top of whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce and additional Hershey's syrup. Keep refrigerated till ready to serve.

For Kayleigh .........

CocaCola Salad (makes an 11 cup ring mold; recipe may be halved)

1 large or 2 small packages black cherry Jell-o
    1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 15 oz cans pitted sweet cherries, drained (These can be hard to find)
    1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
    2 cups CocaCola (do NOT substitute Pepsi or any other cola brand)

In a large bowl, prepare Jell-O according to package directions EXCEPT decrease boiling water to 1 1/2 cups and substitute Coke for cold water. Put in fridge and gel till partially thickened. When Jell-O is soft set, mix in cherries, pineapple and nuts. Pour into 11 cup mold. Place in fridge and set until firm. I leave it overnight. To serve, mix an equal amount of whipped cream cheese with mayo and put in a pretty bowl which will fit into the hole in the ring. Unmold salad onto a pretty platter and place the bowl of dressing in the hole. Sprinkle dressing with paprika.

This has been served on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year for 50 years
    or so. My Mom made it and now I do. I have been informed by my children not to even think about having a Holiday dinner without it.

I hope if you try these, you will let me know how you like them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Berta

2. BertaBurtonLake

BertaBurtonLake Well-Known Member

3. Beaners

Beaners Incubator Addict

Ooooh thank you!! They both sound good, I might have to try the Coca Cola Salad this weekend once I recover from tonight and tomorrow's cooking. I'll make sure and let you know how it turns out.

Kayleigh