Homesteading Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm happy but two of my Grandkids are going to be parents but neither are married or have jobs.

Yes I know more drama!

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Congratulations or condolences...whichever seems appropriate for the situation. Do these kids have a plan for their upcoming challenges?

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations or condolences...whichever seems appropriate for the situation. Do these kids have a plan for their upcoming challenges?
Oh yes both are going to live on love.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I'm happy but two of my Grandkids are going to be parents but neither are married or have jobs.

Yes I know more drama!

big rockpile
Oh I have seen worse like being pregnant at 12 years old and brother getting his sister pregnant.

Yes probably a southern thing.

big rockpile

Reactions: bigjon

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Don't judge them....let them learn from their own mistakes....be a support and help if you are needed...try to guide them along the hard knocks road...they do not marry because they can get so many benefits along the way....seems this is the government way of life anymore....

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I usually say...I can't control what other people dcan yo with their lives..So..I would talk with them about how hard things will be in the future for them and the future children. I often think if I wasn't married..during the hard times of marriage..and we all have had them for one reason or other..It was the commitment of marriage that kept us going when the fire was low until we "fanned" the flames again...What can you really do..

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
BRP, I know the feeling of wishing the grandkids, or even the kids, would do things differently BUT, it's their lives and their decisions and their mistakes to be made. And, they have to live with the consequences, just hope the babies don't have to suffer for it all.

As for living on love, I wish them luck cause it has never worked.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh both times I had my Woman pregnant before we got married. But both times I was working and we did get married.

My Mom was pregnant with me at 15, my Dad was 22 just came home from Korea and was working as a TV Repair Man. They got married.

big rockpile

·
Registered
64 Posts
How old are they? Having been in their situation, i can say marriage is not an option for maturity reasons. Marriage is not veiwed the same as it used to be and young people are not maturing and taking responsibilty the way people used to.

Farm junkie

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Ardie, I've been living on love for 24 years! :D

If they are mature enough to make a baby, why are they not mature enough to marry? My problem is all of these "kids" have babies & not working & society is left footing the bill. I have a niece in this situation right now. It is not fair to the kids to grow up without both parents present which I see all the time here. Every child deserves to have their mom & their dad in their life.

The sad things is, this is so common now, that kids grow up thinking this is the way things are done. They don't know any better.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
BRP, sorry but you get what you sow. Where are the parents of these kids, If they are big enough to have babys they are big enough to get married and get a job, Seems that you have had your share of issues with these kids.. They and you need to accept the situation that you and them have created. Hundreds of us have suggested many things to help your situation, yet none of the council seems to help you out. Not to be mean but . deal with it and solve it or accept your situation.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Oh both times I had my Woman pregnant before we got married. But both times I was working and we did get married.

My Mom was pregnant with me at 15, my Dad was 22 just came home from Korea and was working as a TV Repair Man. They got married.
big rockpile
I was just going to say, some of the stories you have told - and now you are going to judge your grandkids? Kind of hard to say something to your kids or grandkids, when you did the same thing.

And yeah, you got married, but that was pretty much expected back in your day.

It's a different world now. Why bother buying the cow when you get the milk for free?

I expect we will see more and more of living together / having kids and not getting married. And for many of them - they won't have to contend with a divorce when it doesn't work out.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The benefits from the governments are much better for single mothers than they are for married .
Yes I believe this is the case with both of them.

big rockpile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.