Baytril & Nuflor?

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Cat, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Baytril or Nuflor on their sheep and if so, what dosage did you use? I have a friend whose going to send some Baytril for this ewe of mine and didn't know how much to send so I thought I'd ask. She's gotten an infection so now besides the pain & swelling I'm going to have to get serious about fighting infection. The Pen obviously just didn't have the get up and go needed to get the job done, and, it is a bad wound so that isn't too surprising. Anyway, appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Sorry never used either. When PenG isn't workign on that kind of wound infection I've used Trivetrin or Borgol, (same thing) opr a similar sulfa based antibiotic, and I've had a doseage of Dexamethasone prescribed to work with which ever antibiotic to get it effictively delivered to the source. Something to talk to a vet about.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Thanks Ross. The vet has said that the Baytril isn't going to be the drug to use for this one so I'm going to double the dose of Pen and get the wound cleaned as best I can.