Battery Ressurection?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by MelissaW, Nov 26, 2005.

1. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

My husband wanted me to ask if any of you have every heard of something called Battery Ressurection for cordless drills. There is a site where, for a fee, they will send you information about how to make an old battery hold a charge again. Has anyone tried it? Is it legit, or too good to be true? Thanks so much!

2. Janon

Janon 993cc Geo Metro

Some cordless tool batteries are nothing more than a package of individual batteries. At one time, I used to make battery packs by assembling the individual batteries - which can be purchased online or at a hobby shop. The batteries have "solder tabs" on the ends, making it easier to wire them.

All in all, messing with battery packs is a time consuming process, and even the individual batteries are not cheap. I suppose if you had only one or two batteries in the "pack" which had failed, it may be worth the repair. Otherwise, batteries have a limited lifespan - especially if they have not been charged properly throughout their life. You'll probably be further ahead with a new battery pack.

"Battery Ressurection"? Although there are battery chargers which condition the batteries (batteries must still be decent)... I certainly wouldn't pay for "information".

cheers,

3. WIPPdriver

WIPPdriver Well-Known Member

There is a person on eBay that fixes batteries. Just look under cordless power tools.

4. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Thanks friends! I'll keep checking in to see all of the opinions!

5. fernando

fernando Well-Known Member

I knew of someone who had a 1/2" drill he really liked. Replacement batteries were very expensive. His solution was to buy a junked out craftsman drill after finding out replacement batteries for that craftsman were much cheaper than the ones he needed for the good drill. He cut off the battery holders on the handles of both drills, epoxied the craftsman holder to the good drill and was able to operate the good drill with the cheap craftsman batteries.

6. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

on the older stuff that use the 9 and 12 volt batteries I just make an extension cord and put a couple of alligator clips on the end of the cord. I solder the other ends inside the tool to the battery terminals observing polarity. I then use the power from the atv battery or from the farm truck. Never needs a recharge!

7. WIPPdriver

WIPPdriver Well-Known Member