Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Is that a 54" tub? It looks kind of small.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It's a standard 60".
I stripped my downstairs bathroom (fairly small) down to the studs, and floor joists 2 years ago. The very best thing I did was to eliminate the cast iron tub, and install a 60" shower base with a moveable shower seat.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stripped my downstairs bathroom (fairly small) down to the studs, and floor joists 2 years ago. The very best thing I did was to eliminate the cast iron tub, and install a 60" shower base with a moveable shower seat.

This will be a walk in whirlpool tub.

·
Premium Member
28,222 Posts

I WANT THAT SHOWER!!!!! One question though, does it require a glass door or is the lip big enough to use a curtain with it?

·
Registered
563 Posts
That a nice shower , I have one in my cabin with less lip and it works fine if you keep the Shower curtain in the tub

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I WANT THAT SHOWER!!!!! One question though, does it require a glass door or is the lip big enough to use a curtain with it?
The shower has about a 2-3" lip, and is beveled toward the center where the drain is located. It is SO nice to sit on the shower seat with the hot shower pelting down on me while I shave. We use a full length curtain and love it for the simplicity, and far cheaper than any glass doors we could find.

We installed this downstairs with thoughts of a future handicapped situation

1 - 15 of 15 Posts