Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12 year old daughter and I started a basket weaving class...and we have both completed our first basket. (egg baskets) What i need help on is, do any of you make baskets and if so, where do you get affordable supplies?????the nearest "craft" store to us is about 2 1/2 hours away so i was hoping someone has a good source they would share that is online. Also, does anyone make any of their own basket supplies...like hoops, handels, oak splits and the like?????????

Belinda

·
Registered
615 Posts
We order supplys from a company in Mansfield, Ohio. We've been very happy with their service and products are what they describe them to be. A friend who does baskets for retail recommended them to me.

Royal Wood Ltd.
Toll free 1-888-526-1630

www.RoyalwoodLtd.com

e-mail: [email protected]

There are also lots of sites that offer free basket patterns. We have printed off a whole folder full. Just do a web search for basket patterns.

·
plains of Colorado
4,142 Posts
When I get home, I will look for the name & address where we got some. I'm thinking it was in MO but not sure. I originally got their name f/countryside mag.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much...We are looking forward to making more baskets and learning much more but we are having fun.

Belinda

·
plains of Colorado
4,142 Posts
Here is the co. I ordered some supplies from: Ozark Basketry Supply, PO Box 599, Fayetteville, AR 72702-0599 501-442-9292 We ordered some things from here and used them as scout projects.
There is a huge list of suppliers on basketmakers.com. I just may request some of those catalogs myself. DW

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DW said:
Here is the co. I ordered some supplies from: Ozark Basketry Supply, PO Box 599, Fayetteville, AR 72702-0599 501-442-9292 We ordered some things from here and used them as scout projects.
There is a huge list of suppliers on basketmakers.com. I just may request some of those catalogs myself. DW
Thanks DW...I really appreciate it.

Belinda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts