Basket weaving supplies ??????

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Mrs_stuart, May 21, 2004.

1. Mrs_stuart

Mrs_stuart Well-Known Member

My 12 year old daughter and I started a basket weaving class...and we have both completed our first basket. (egg baskets) What i need help on is, do any of you make baskets and if so, where do you get affordable supplies?????the nearest "craft" store to us is about 2 1/2 hours away so i was hoping someone has a good source they would share that is online. Also, does anyone make any of their own basket supplies...like hoops, handels, oak splits and the like?????????

Belinda

2. All country

All country Well-Known Member

We order supplys from a company in Mansfield, Ohio. We've been very happy with their service and products are what they describe them to be. A friend who does baskets for retail recommended them to me.

Royal Wood Ltd.
    Toll free 1-888-526-1630

www.RoyalwoodLtd.com

e-mail: roybilat@worldnet.att.net

There are also lots of sites that offer free basket patterns. We have printed off a whole folder full. Just do a web search for basket patterns.

3. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

When I get home, I will look for the name & address where we got some. I'm thinking it was in MO but not sure. I originally got their name f/countryside mag.

4. Mrs_stuart

Thanks so much...We are looking forward to making more baskets and learning much more but we are having fun.

Belinda

5. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

Here is the co. I ordered some supplies from: Ozark Basketry Supply, PO Box 599, Fayetteville, AR 72702-0599 501-442-9292 We ordered some things from here and used them as scout projects.
    There is a huge list of suppliers on basketmakers.com. I just may request some of those catalogs myself. DW

6. Mrs_stuart

Thanks DW...I really appreciate it.

Belinda