Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
Y'all talk funny down south. I didn't know what it meant either.
Yes ma'am, we sure do. But so do the ones over yonder.

I'll tell you what though. Not to talk until the cows come home, but @Paumon was the pot calling the kettle black. I think they could start an argument in an empty house. But hey, you're a rooster one day and a feather duster the next. :)

·
Premium Member
33,826 Posts

I'll tell you what though. Not to talk until the cows come home, but @Paumon was the pot calling the kettle black. I think they could start an argument in an empty house. But hey, you're a rooster one day and a feather duster the next. :)
All that I get. Just never heard tell of t'other beforetimes.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Cant get up with him means you cant get him to answer his phone. It is slang in the south.

Why dont you go to Timmies and get a double double...eh?
LOL. If you say so .... for the south. :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the explanation.

Here in the north "can't get up with him" means something else so entirely different it wouldn't be lady-like for me to mention it on a forum for the general public.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts

You're probably right about me starting arguments in an empty house - I can argue with the air too - but keep in mind I wasn't the one that challenged anyone or started an argument this time round. That was the OP.

·
Registered
19,889 Posts
You're probably right about me starting arguments in an empty house - I can argue with the air too - but keep in mind I wasn't the one that challenged anyone or started an argument this time round. That was the OP.

Nothing wrong with a little arguing every now and then. It would be boring otherwise.

·
Premium Member
33,826 Posts
I sure missed it. I don't remember ever reading a post of his where he broke the rules. He seemed like an easy-going guy.
He had issues with one poster. The posts were deleted rather quickly after the fight got started. It's a shame too because they both seemed like pretty decent people before that.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts