Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Feel free to explain!!? Been here awhile.
No, you feel free to explain first. What is the meaning of this following statement from your first post?
.... I can't get up with him??? .......
And what's up with the question marks? Are you asking a question? Your statement doesn't make any sense to me.

I know you've been here awhile. I've been here a few years longer than you. But so what? It doesn't matter how long we've been here if we still can't understand each other after 11 years.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Just concerned. Don't read to much in to it...
Okie dokie then. :unsure: You are still avoiding an explanation of what "I can't get up with him" means but that means neither one of us is required to explain anything to each other, right?
I didn't read anything into your post because the post doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand why you would be concerned and so worked up about somebody who has such a mean spirit dwelling inside of him, but that's your business. Carry on.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Cant get up with him means you cant get him to answer his phone. It is slang in the south.

Why dont you go to Timmies and get a double double...eh?
LOL. If you say so .... for the south. :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the explanation.

Here in the north "can't get up with him" means something else so entirely different it wouldn't be lady-like for me to mention it on a forum for the general public.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Yes ma'am, we sure do. But so do the ones over yonder.

I'll tell you what though. Not to talk until the cows come home, but @Paumon was the pot calling the kettle black. I think they could start an argument in an empty house. But hey, you're a rooster one day and a feather duster the next. :)
You're probably right about me starting arguments in an empty house - I can argue with the air too - but keep in mind I wasn't the one that challenged anyone or started an argument this time round. That was the OP.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
LOL. This is hilarious. :ROFLMAO: Serves him right. Too bad they didn't keep him in jail for longer than three days, he deserves longer. I hope 101 Pigs reads about this. I guess it won't make him feel any better about being vilified and bullied away from the forum by 11pt but it would sure give him something to laugh about for a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
You did say you wanted mass human extinction.
See, that's a lie too. I never said that and yet you keep on repeating it too so you believe it.

I said I would like to see 80% of the global population just disappear into thin air. Period. And I'd still like to see that happen.

I never said anything about people dying, that interpretation about people dying was put on it by other people who lack imagination and can only think about death.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Your argument to justify your 80% depopulation is the ascending of Christians? Seriously?

You dug a hole and you think that is getting you out?

Keep trying to justify or rationalize you letting your dark side show.
I figured you went and looked for the original post for proof, didn't you? And you discovered I'm telling the truth. Well that took you long enough so why haven't you quoted the thread here for proof and verification of the truth of what I actually said? Too embarrassed, are you?

What the heck are you talking about now with the above ascension nonsense, are you being delusional or what? There's something FUBARed with the way some of you twist other people's statements to mean something that's never been said let alone implied. In particular you, monkey boy and gtx.

If you paid real attention instead of twisting things into your figments of imagination that you WANT to believe and lie about to try to make other people believe it too, you'd know I'm not a religious person. I don't care about or believe in anybody's religions or all their imaginary gods and I certainly don't believe in the ascension of Christians. There's no such thing as the rapture, no such thing as an ascension of Christians. The whole idea is a preposterous delusion.

Some of you people who tell such outrageous lies need to get a grip on real life and get real with yourselves. Everybody dies. There is no escape from Death for anybody.

If I recall correctly, there's a passage somewhere in the bible about rainbows in the sky ..... something along the lines of rainbows representing God's promise that he would never again inundate the Earth with water and drown the Earth. But there is no promise made that the Earth and all things on it won't be destroyed by a swift and great conflagration.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
In the bible there is the promise that a portion of the earth will be destroyed by a falling star.
That makes more sense. The earth and its atmosphere is constantly being bombarded every day with space debris, and the Great Extinction (the one that happened to the dinosaurs) is credited to a shock and global conflagration due to the huge asteroid(s) hitting the Earth. There's no reason to believe it won't ever happen again so it's an easy prediction to make about a "falling star".

But I expect the soonest global conflagration will be due to just plain old heat and fire because of the climate change extremes that are just starting to happen in so many places now. What we're already seeing now is just the beginning.

Speaking of heat, we just had a heat dome that lasted 10 days, it dissipated 2 days ago and then the beginnings of another heat dome reappeared today and is forecasted for 4 more days of increasing temperatures in the 90's and low 100's. Time to log out now and go water the plants and trees again so they don't go into shock, it's a 4 hour job to do all of the grounds here by hand with the hose. (No sprinklers allowed due to water conservation restrictions).

Bye bye for now.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Can you please tell me where? New things are always popping out at me in the Bible, but I don't recall that and would like to look it up.:)
The biblical mentions that I'm most familiar with about stars falling or being cast down to Earth and wreaking destruction throughout the planet are from the the Book of Revelations. About Satan coming as the Red Dragon falling or cast down to earth as a star. But there are similar mentions in other parts of the bible too.

You can take your pick of some of the relevant verses here, there's a whole bunch of verses, if this helps:

What Does the Bible Say About Falling Stars?

An example would be this:
Revelation 8:10-11
The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Thank you. I had wondered if it was metaphorical.
Some of them are metaphorical but I don't think all of them are, although they may sound metaphorical. Considering the bible is a history book that goes back a long, long way and there are so many mentions of star activity related to planetary disasters, I have no doubt that some of the cataclysms mentioned actually happened in their distant past. But I think many of the less learned of story tellers who wouldn't have known anything about the developing earth sciences and astronomy would have portrayed them with awe and superstition in the only way they knew how that would adequately describe what happened. So a lot of it sounds metaphorical to today's modern day civilizations and theologists who are generally better educated about science and nature, astronomy and meteorology, etc..

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Thank you @Paumon for posting that. That was the passage I meant although reading it again it says the waters not the earth. It's been years since I read it and apparently my memory isn't what it used to be.
You're welcome. There are other passages that don't say anything about the waters but do mention cataclysmic disasters on Earth that involve the falling or casting to earth of stars or some kind of monster (called Satan or Lucifer the shining one) come to earth disguised as a star.

I'm thinking maybe even ET's and their space ships might have been possibilities, (like the ones depicted in South American ancient histories) and the historical scholars of ancient biblical times would have interpreted those as falling stars or monstrous evil dragons crowned by shining stars, or other such like evil monsters.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Easy to be crotchety when you have to settle for a Tim Horton's cause they ain't no Buc-ee's . If you don't know about getting up with someone, you might be just common.
Since I've now been told it's a common southern slang expression I think it's the other way round, it's common to the commoners of the south.

I've never had Buc-ee's stuff but have heard about Buc-ee's, I even saw a promotional video about it. It was scary. :eek: o_O :ROFLMAO: Never had Tim Horton's stuff either.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Tim Horton's sux. Often their coffee quality depends on how well the store cleans their machines and really makes fresh coffee. They never clean the hot chocolate machine which turns out 500°f slightly flavored water. Several times the person making my tea bounced the bag around while adding the hot water. The only drink they have that I like is the tropical mango refresher and it's a limited time thing.

Donuts should be deep fried, eggs should not be microwaved, sausage should not be steamed.

The bagels are good if they aren't burned, but they are usually burned. Some of their muffins are really good, but the good ones are available only for a short time. By the time you see a commercial for it, they have run out of the item.
You're probably right about that. I've heard the quality of all of the Tim Horton's products has dropped ever since they sold out in 2014. Tim Horton's was sold for USD $11.4 billion to Burger King. The two chains became subsidiaries of the Canadian-American holding company Restaurant Brands International, which is majority-owned by Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital

I always make my own coffee at home so if I can't find the usual brand I want then sometimes in a pinch I'll buy a 1 pound package of TH's original brand of ground coffee which is sold in all Canadian super markets here. Home brewed it's not too bad when I brew that to my own specifications. But my preference is for the Italian Lavazza company's assortments of coffees, they are very good.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Well now you're just being mean. Or is that your go to demeanor?
LOL. How is that any meaner than being told "If you don't know about getting up with someone, you might be just common." ???

Besides which, every single one of us here on this forum is a commoner anyway with no exceptions regardless of being in the north or the south. Being a commoner isn't an insult, it's not a bad thing except to money grubbing nouveau riche hoi paloi snobs with delusions of grandeur. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts