Bannanna trees.

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by james dilley, Jun 3, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Has anyone ever had them?? And did you get A crop?? I Am thinking about getting A few for the new yard . I have Citrus and Avacodo trees coming. But would like them Monkey stick trees. How do you care for them?? how much water per week??

2. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

I grew them in Lampasas county TX, got pretty but froze to the ground every year. Didn't eer try insulating them like the neighbors did their palm tress though. How about in a pot? I grew my lemons that way- outside until near frost then in the sunroom til spring.

3. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

i have a banana grove, dont let them get out of control or they stop producing.

4. james dilley

How deep do you plant the tres? how much water per week? And how many clumps do you need to get A decent Amount of Monkey sticks,I hate them things but other family members eat them.. thats why I want them..

5. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

You're probably close to same hardiness zone that we are. Check out www.justfruitsandexotics.com. They have several varieties of banana that will do well here. I was going to get some set out this year, but just didn't get it done. It's on the list for next year.

6. james dilley

Thanks for the link, The site has some interesting trees. I think I will check the local Nursery first, Before I buy.