bandsaw sawmill blade sharpener

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by thequeensblessing, Jan 9, 2004.

1. thequeensblessing

thequeensblessing Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a place where I can get a sharpener for a hudson li'l oscar 28 inch bandsaw mill? I've tried to search online and have come up empty. when I contact the folks at Hudson, they want us to keep buying new bandsaw blades from them, or to send the dull ones to Wood-miser for them to sharpen for us. I'd rather invest in a sharpener so my husband can sharpen them himself. Any information would be appreciated.

2. oldhoot

oldhoot In Remembrance

Hi The! Yeah, Woodmizer sells a sharpenin system--or I rekon they still do. Old jeep, [bro] has a Woodmizer mill and bought an automatic sharpenin system a few years ago. I think it cost'm about $1000 for it but its well worth't. To put "set" in the band you have to do it manually but the sharpenin phase is automatic. Just put the band in the little thingy and lett'r rip.
    Woodmizer is in Indianapolis--north if the Airport a mite. old hoot.

3. We have a Lil' Oscar 30". I think you can send the blades to Woodmizer for sharpening (haven't used ours that much yet). Woodmizer has a website--check it out. Otherwise, check sawmills locally--see if they will do them for a fee, or where they send theirs.
    Farmer in WI