Baltimore Bloodshed Continues; 28 Shot, 9 Dead Over Holiday Week

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gapeach, May 26, 2015.

1. gapeach

gapeach Well-Known Member

Baltimore Bloodshed Continues; 28 Shot, 9 Dead Over Holiday Weekend

May 25, 2015
    BALTIMORE(WJZ)–It’s the deadliest month Baltimore has seen in more than 15 years. More than two dozen shootings over the holiday weekend alone have city police working around the clock.
    Now, leaders hope community members come forward to help stop the violence.
    Meghan McCorkell has more on this spike in violence.
    From West Baltimore, to the East Side, Govans, to Reservoir Hill–a spike in weekend violence is plaguing all parts of the city. Over the Memorial Day Weekend alone– city police report 28 shootings and 9 homicides.
    Baltimore Police say they responded to 6 shootings on Friday night, 7 on Saturday, 5 on Sunday and 10 by night fall on Monday.
    One of those include a double shooting in which a 9-year-old boy was found shot in the leg and a man who suffered a grazed wound to his head.
    read more.....
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...ontinues-28-shot-9-dead-over-holiday-weekend/

How sad, how terribly sad. Baltimore has turned into another Chicago.
    Maryland has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, and is constantly being given an A or A+ rating by Sarah Brady's organization, the Brady Campaign (formerly Handgun Control Incorporated).
    Black lives matter unless they (blacks) are killing each other which is overwhelmingly the case. I guess it is time for the "new police force".

Tricky Grama and my3boys like this.
  2. ninny

ninny Well-Known Member

If this keeps up there aren't going to be enough people left to have a decent riot...that may not be such a bad thing.

3. gapeach

“It’s disturbing because you have the kids playing here and you know, bullets don’t have any names on them,” one man said.
    Neighbors who spoke to WJZ didn’t want to be identified for fear of retaliation.
    “If you say something to these young people they’re ready to take your head off,” one person said

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/0...liday-weekend/

This is where all cities should have a downtown association with monthly, sometimes weekly meetings where residents, as well as business owners, with the police where they can have a dialogue. That is what they do here. Nobody should have to live in fear like these people obviously are.:(
    I notice number shot has risen to 29.

Tricky Grama likes this.
  4. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

I can't see where this could be true. There's gun control laws there. Plus the PD is highly integrated.

I wish I could post an essay (audio) on the city I live in. More guns per capita than any other of its size. Crime is at a minimum.

5. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

I guess that black lives don't matter unless they are shot by the police.

6. gapeach

I just wonder if there is any rioting and looting over them shooting each other, even a little child. How bad is that?

7. Tricky Grama

Post of the week award.

8. Woolieface

Woolieface Well-Known Member

Nah...they'll just hire more.

9. gapeach

The White House today blames it all on guns. Lack of gun control has caused the spike of violence in Baltimore.:yawn:

Look at Chicago. Has gun control helped there? No,no, no! It just means that no one can protect themselves.:bash:

10. k9

k9 Well-Known Member

gapeach.... you are wrong, the criminals with guns can protect themselves.

gapeach likes this.
  11. gapeach

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Baltimore residents fearful amid rash of homicides[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]
    May 28, 4:43 AM (ET)

By JULIET LINDERMAN[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] BALTIMORE (AP) — Antoinette Perrine has barricaded her front door since her brother was killed three weeks ago on a basketball court near her home in the Harlem Park neighborhood of West Baltimore. She already has iron bars outside her windows and added metal slabs on the inside to deflect the gunfire.
    "I'm afraid to go outside," said Perrine, 47. "It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside. People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."
    Perrine's brother is one of 36 people killed in Baltimore so far this month, already the highest homicide count for May since 1999. But while homicides are spiking, arrests have plunged more than 50 percent compared to last year.
    The drop in arrests followed the death of Freddie Gray from injuries he suffered in police custody. Gray's death sparked protests against the police and some rioting, and led to the indictment of six officers.
    Now West Baltimore residents worry they've been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them. In recent weeks, some neighborhoods have become like the Wild West without a lawman around, residents said.
    "Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was arrested.
    "I haven't seen the police since the riots," Lee said. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."
    read more....
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150528/us--homicide_spike-baltimore-984491eb03.html

[/FONT]
    So, they terrorize the innocent. This is war no matter how you look at it.
    War against on those who cannot protect themselves. Why? They are hoodlums and murderers!

Traderdell and Tricky Grama like this.
  12. gapeach

Family: 7-Year-Old Boy, Mother Killed In Baltimore Shooting

May 28, 2015 1:30 PM

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — An 8-year-old boy and another 31-year-old woman were shot in the head in Baltimore city Thursday morning.

Officers were called to the 100 block of Upmanor Rd for a report of a shooting around 8:19 a.m.

When they arrived they found the woman suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. Then police found a second victim — the boy — with a gunshot wound to his head.

Both were pronounced dead on the scene.

Read more:
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/28/8-year-old-another-woman-killed-in-baltimore-shooting/

Fraternal Order of Police lodge 3 responded to the recent violence in Baltimore:
    The criminals are taking advantage of the situation in Baltimore since the unrest. Criminals feel empowered now. There is no respect. Police are under siege in every quarter. They are more afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs properly than they are of getting shot on duty. Right now they can go to jail for following Supreme Court decisions such as Illinois v. Wardlow. The Baltimore States Attorney’s Office essentially overturned the Supreme Court’s decision. We hope that all leadership will come together to support the police to move the community forward.
    This is what happens when you take away the authority of the police.

13. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

Who gives a care. You turn them loose and they will kill and rob everybody.
    That is why we have police to deal with them and sometimes kill them within the law.

Traderdell and Tricky Grama like this.
  14. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

I blame Obama and Sharpton
    They wanted the police to be ineffective, and they got what they wanted, now they blame somebody or something else, just like they always do.
    how can we expect people to take responsibility for their own lives when our "leaders" won't?
    Even our leaders have an entitlement, poor me, I'm a victim attitude.
    We need grown ups in charge, not a bunch of whiny racist punks.:censored::censored::censored::censored:

15. gapeach

This is what Obama and his minions, including the Mayor of Baltimore and the Prosecutor wanted, for the police to stay out of African American areas, and stop harassing criminals. They've slandered the police as brutal racists and incited the looters, burners, and crazies. Its now open season on police. A police officer going into a high crime area isn't just risking their life, they know if they have to confront an African American they don't just risk their lives, they now risk their careers, and freedom because normal police work is now cause for criminal charges in Baltimore.
    There are many of families in those areas who are good people who do not want this. They just want to raise their children, go to work each day and lead good lives. I feel so bad for them because they suffer and are afraid to even let their children play outside.

16. gapeach

City's breaks 100 shootings this month with two overnight incidents

By Scott Dance The Baltimore Sun
    May 30, 2015

Baltimore broke 100 shootings this month with two overnight incidents

Baltimore Crime Beat
    May 2015: Baltimore's deadliest month since 1996

The 100th shooting this month in Baltimore occurred just after 3 a.m. Saturday, police said. A woman was found shot in the leg in the 2900 block of West Lanvale Street in the Franklintown Road neighborhood of southwest Baltimore, police said.

The 101st was reported around 6:45 a.m. in the 1700 block of E. 30th Street in the Coldstream-Homestead-Montebello neighborhood. Police said a 16-year-old girl had a graze wound to her back.
    Homicides and shootings spike while arrests decline in Baltimore City

There have been 39 homicides in the city in May, the most recent reported Friday evening when a Baltimore Police marine unit found a woman's body in the water under the Interstate 395 overpass
    read more.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-100-shootings-20150530-story.html

I don't see Obama, Sharpton, Jackson, Holder etc. leading marches against violence on kids. Oh, this must be a case (like many in Chicago) of Blacks killing Blacks.
    The very people on the TV attempting to convince us all that certain lives matter only when they are killed by a whit
    e cop aren't willing or able to address the violence on a daily basis when its perpetrated by similar looking assailants! The weekend is not over, either.

17. Tricky Grama

Anyone see the press conference w/mayor? Was asked 3 times if she knew her policies caused this.
    She's ineffective, to say the very least. Cause of Baltimore's fall, at the worst.

18. TraderBob

TraderBob Well-Known Member

Hey, they are catching up to Chicago...what an achievement.

19. gapeach

Baltimore Residents Rally For Police

May 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore residents holding a rally to support police were met by Freddie Gray supporters calling for justice.
    Dozens of police supporters walked in front of the War Memorial Building in downtown Baltimore on Saturday.
    Karen Walker, who organized the rally, says it’s important to recognize the critical service police officers provide the city. While they walked around a plaza, Freddie Gray supporters yelled out for justice.
    London Stuckey says he came to stand in support of Gray and to oppose police brutality.
    “Baltimore can be re-claimed,” said Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa.
    Sliwa says — for now — his organization can bridge the gap between the community and the police.
    “It eventually has to heal — because whether you like the cops or don’t like the cops, without the cops, there’s anarchy,” he said.
    Healing that could end scenes like the one Saturday afternoon.
    The Guardian Angels hope to increase attendance at COP walks across the city.
    According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, the last time the city had 40 homicides in a month was August of 1990.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/30/baltimore-residents-rally-for-police/

I understand the police have been handcuffed themselves. Can't stop someone on probable cause, can't frisk anyone. So crime will only get worse.

kasilofhome and Tricky Grama like this.
  20. Wanda

Wanda Well-Known Member

Please share your info on not being able to stop under ''probable cause'' or frisk a suspect. Spreading untruths hurts the argument for both sides.