Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small flerd in southwestern ontario. Approx 10 dexters and 25 sheep. I have rotaionally grazed/mobbed grazed them for the growing season well. I used 2 strands of polly wire to keep the sheep in. Actually I used 3 strands at first to train them. Then switched to 2 wires once the sheep broke the habit of going under it. Well for the last month I have been bale grazing the flerd together. Half of my sheep were going under the fence and half were staying back. Interesting to note (it was my wool sheep that would go under and my family of hair sheep would not) When they did this they would often knock my fence down shorting it out. So I then just used one strand and let the sheep bale graze ahead of the cows. And this seemed to work alright, not ideal but doable.
Well now I am going to graze some stockpile pasture with the flerd. How do you guys rotationally graze your sheep in the winter? What type of fencing do you use?
Thanks, Scott

·
Poo Fairy
6,495 Posts
(See fencing and rotational grazing flerd)....hahahahaha

Reactions: bergere

·
Registered
129 Posts
Premier's flexinet is expensive but they'll never get out. Wool ones don't mind running through because they're often more flighty and their wool doesn't conduct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts