Baker's Seed poll

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by tallpines, Apr 13, 2004.

Bakers Seed poll

1. Yes---give them our address

2. No---do not give them our address

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

When we got some NEGATIVE feed back about Baker Seed Company, I sent them an email telling them about it and that they might want to pay closer attention to their customer service that transpires via email.

They were VERY appreciative for the 'Heads-Up' indicating they wanted to do everything possible to maintain top-notch service.

Angie, from their company, has ask me how she can gain access to our forum.

It's your forum......so I'm asking you.........Should I give her the info so she/they can get onto our site?

2. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

3. eb

eb Well-Known Member

>>They were VERY appreciative for the 'Heads-Up' indicating they wanted to do everything possible to maintain top-notch service.

Don't they need to have top-notch service first, in order to maintain it? Can't "maintain" what they don't have....

I was very excited about doing business with them, even ordered their magazine and I like what the company seems to stand for...but the customer service is horrible...especially via email...of 3 emails I have sent them, 2 when completely unanswered, and the third was answered in a very abrupt and unhelpful way...

*If* the seeds all work great, I may consider still ordering from them again anway, but if the seeds are even just OK or average, I'll order someplace else next year...

As far as giving them the address..why not? Maybe they could even respond to some of the complaints....

4. evilbunny

evilbunny Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of to want the website or access to the forum is to advertise.

I'm not against it but what is their motive? How will being on this forum help their customer service?

Yes I am skeptical. Sorry folks.

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

I have been amazed at fertility. 100 % so far. I have some more seeds planted that are germinating, we'll see if it continues. So far I have been very happy, but I haven't had to call them or anything, customer service seems bad from what people say. They have had a much better germination rate than what I bought from pinetree. The instructions weren't that in depth, but I didn't really need them, just got melons(lots of em, heh heh), gourds and peas.

6. Paquebot2

Paquebot2 Guest

Most interesting and confusing. Baker Seed Company is in Australia. Rather doubtful that many American gardeners are dealing with them!

Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company is in Missouri. Garden Watchdog shows 96% good reports for that company. 64 positives, 3 neutrals, and 2 negatives.

Martin

7. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We just live a couple miles from them, and so buy nearly all our seeds there. I can't really comment about the customer service, that's not an issue to me on anything. I tend to do my own research, make my choices and live with them, preferring not to deal with companies after buying stuff, if it doesn't work, oh well :)
    Their seed quality is excellent, period. You'll be hard pressed to find better anywhere.
    JMHO
    CJ

8. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

It is, indeed, Baker Creek Heirloom Seed.

I had emailed them saying we'd gotten a couple of negative comments about their email responses and they might want to "increase their awareness" in that department.

Had a nice 'to and fro' correspondence with "Angie".

I have shared our address with her and she says she'll be sure to visit------so I'm happy that she will find these positive comments about their seeds.

9. roncarla

roncarla Well-Known Member

We went to Baker Seeds last year during one of their conference weekends and really enjoyed our day. I had good luck germinating my plants last year and have more coming up this year.

They are a small family owned company. I don't know how many employees they have. The young man who started the company is only in his 20s and was a homeschooler. They seemed to be really nice people.

10. Trisha A

Trisha A Active Member

Baker Creek seeds planted on March 25 already twice as large as anything else planted in my garden on March 1st. I am really impressed so far. I did not have any problems with them and received my seeds within a week of ordering. They did not send alot of info about them, but I winged it and everything is doing great. I ordered corn, melons, watermelon, beans, peas, tomatoes, carrots and some cold weather crops (which I won't plant until the fall) Just pray for me that the heat and rain hold off until July. The old timers are laughing at me, they say you can't garden here this time of year. lol

Trisha FL

11. violets

violets Member

evilbunny,

I wouldn't worry about them advertising or spamming the forum. They don't have time and they're professional enough to know it won't help their business. They frequent some other gardening forums and when they can, they'll answer questions few people can find an answer for.

Maybe Angie just wants to say "thank you" for letting her know of the issue.

Besides, I'm sure she gardens just as much as the rest of us who frequent this forum and if she chooses to participate, she could be a wealth of information for everyone. What could be better?

:)

12. shepmom

shepmom Well-Known Member

I've ordered twice. Didn't get all that I placed an order for this planting season, but did get a raincheck. I did enquire via email regarding missing seeds and received a prompt reply. I received dollars back on that one. I think they might be experiencing more demand/not enough supply from increasing clientele this year. :)