Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done with their catalog. Now I have to find a place to start another garden!! It will take years to get through trying all those seeds. Where Am I gonna get the money And how am i gonna take care of all that!!!

Nice catalog !!

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I read the title of your thread, I was getting myself ready to defend Baker Creek. Your problem made me smile. Their catalog is beautiful and has so many things that I want to try! I ordered garlic from them in the fall and some seeds from them a few weeks ago. Everything came very quickly. So far I'm pleased with their service.

But now I have more seeds than space! I've already had to ask family members if I can use some of their land for additional garden space. Looks like it will be a busy summer.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I caught "what for" for my title I should let everyone know that I was gonna put a big green smiley after the title but despite several attempt by me and others you still can't edit Titles. Old folk got short memories sometimes Maybe the mod can do it

I'm hardore political but thats about as far as it goes :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is by far my favorite catalog. I have to sit on my hands this year though, I have more than enough seeds to plant several gardens. Must resist the temptations:)

·
Registered
829 Posts
AH! I am doing the bakercreek seeds I still have left over from last year! I just told my hubby last night that I would like to go to the Feb 1st festival (my husband sometimes sings there), and get even more seeds. I'm doing tire gardening this year as an experiment... gonna make it as big as I can! LOL!!! Tired of shopping at the grocery store! LOL!

Cricket

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
i ended up paying $8 for @30 seminole pumpkin seeds (with shipping), but i got a free pack of carrot seed, so i guess i am happy. darn them!

·
Registered
253 Posts
None of you must of visited a couple of sites I have. They have tried to roast BC( Jere Gettle) over the catalog and descriptions. The self proclaimed matron of the tomato kingdom and a moderator have been quick to ridicule. I personally think it is fine. Good advertisement and information in my opinion.

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
i must say, the website could be updated a bit. the general header for the winter squash section says "squash and pumpkins...20-35 seeds per pack". scroll down to seminole pumpkin and it states "10 seeds per pack" at the end of the description. the 10 seed amount was reduced from last years listing. that makes it a bit tricky for those shopping for the best deal and who jump back and forth from one site to another. i won't go so far as to say it is deceptive as i think it is an oversight, but it does rub me a bit. then again, southern exposure seed listed seminole at 3g of seed per pack on the header and 2g of seed per pack in the description, so i guess that is par for the course.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Roast BC? Wow.

I really like their catalog and their seeds.

Rose
This is only January. A lot of things look good on paper just as BC did a year ago this time. Wait a few months. If there are any warts, then they will appear.

Martin

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
now watcher, did not give you much trouble!:D just have too watch that people can not read too much into a title1

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
I must be one of the few for whom Baker Creek was sort of a bust. Yes they have all those exotic and interesting cultivars, but the most interesting ones are all designed for more sun and heat than I get up here in my hole in the forest in the Pacific NW. That is just the way it is, and that is not their fault. But then the instructions on each package don't give you much info at all. At least that's the way they were when I ordered from them some years ago. So I'll stick to seed companies in the NW, like Territorial and Nichols Garden Nursery.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I LOVE Baker Creek.

Their catalog this year is absolutely beautiful.

I plant only open pollinated and get most of my seeds from them. I have had nearly 100% germination rate on 3 year old seeds from Baker Creek. Don't have that with 1st year seeds from other companies.

As with any company there is always the possibility of growing pains and we could see that from Baker Creek but so far I've never had a problem with them and everything I've received has been great.

Beth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.