Baker Creek Festival This Sunday

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MarleneS, Apr 25, 2006.

1. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to any member of this board planning on being a Baker CreeK Heritage Seed Festival this Sunday - if you would like others to know you visit this board - please stop by FourDeuce Bamboo booth on Sunday and I'll have green ribbon pins to share.

Hoping to see ya'll there,
    Marlene

2. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I sure wish I was able to attend. I will be there next year with My neighbor Godwilling

3. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Save ma a green ribbon Marlene. I need one so you will know who I am.

I am going to bring some food of some kind too cause I might not want to wait in the long line for a veggie burger.

4. Linda H

Linda H Missouri Ozarks

I convinced my weaving friend that she wanted to go. (Fingers crossed), please let there be at least one weaver, or someone with fleece there. We're stopping in Mansfield for a sandwich and some drinks. I remember that long line to get a bottle of water last year.

5. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

I will be there too...and probably will bring food....too...although the burgers ARE good..............

6. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

LINDA H, I don't remember ever seeing any weavers there but if she would be interested in a raw alpaca fleece I can bring one and she can take a look at it and make me an offer. The way to find me is to arange a meeting with me with the bambo man Noah. I will check in with him often I am sure.

Also there will be fleece there at the camp out at Tyler bend the following weekend if you are comming to that.
    Heck, if you live in the area or just want to come visit bring her and let her look over the fleeces that will be there. I am not sure what they will be.
    Llama and alpaca I think.

7. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

LaDonna or Marlene, Milt and I are worried that we may not be able to get across the creek. Does you cell phones work up there and if so could you call and let us know if you made it?
    PM me and I will give you our phone number if you need it.

8. MTNwomanAR

Corky my cell phone should work up there...I'll pm you the number.

9. Linda H

Linda H Missouri Ozarks

10. dale

dale Well-Known Member

well maybe I will see you all there tomorrow...

I will be there after church probably about 1:30 or so.

probably cant miss me i am big and fat and will be wearing overalls with a slight limp.

dale

11. MTNwomanAR

Just got back....had a blast as usual..... :) spent too much money, didn't get enough sleep before, and a bit of sunburn.........just getting prepared for this coming picnic...bought a bunch of cool seeds......................

12. thebeav

thebeav Well-Known Member

Is anyone going tomorrow, Monday? My wife and I are, comming from Norwood.

If anyone from here has a booth let me know so we can come by and say hello. I'll check here in the morning before we leave.

George

13. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

The Sultan and I went. Had a good time. Saw lots of friends, spent too much money but didn't get everything I wanted. I just couldn't ask the great Sultan to make another trip across that big field down the hill to take another large plant to the truck. I wanted an elderberry plant.
    Bought lots of plants and seeds. Bought A beautiful handmade quilt for a little of nothing. Got a little too much sun.
    Sorry Russell but Gail was not there or at least none of us saw him.
    See you at the camp out this next weekend. The sun is supposed to shine then too. :)

14. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

FourDeuce/Noah and I enjoyed our day at Baker Creek yesterday also. Especially getting to see friends and the fact that we didn't have as much stuff to load back into the truck. Haven't taken the time yet to figure out if I spent all the profit buying stuff, I got some new varities of hen and chicks to add to my collection, some herbs for my neice, and a hanging basket for myself and a plant for Noah. I think Noah said he got some seeds ... but we haven't unloaded the truck so I haven't seen those yet. Since Corky didn't leave that quilt in our booth, I'm wishing I would have gotten one of those also :shrug:

Dale, actually, there were several men there who matched your discription, sorry to report I don't know if we got to see you are not.

Time to get ready for next weekend at Buffalo River Homesteaders Campout at Tyler Bend.

Hoping to see ya'll there,
    Marlene