Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so close to finishing Ugly Quilt #2. Remember Ugly Quilt #1? I bought so much of that fabric, and I'm determined to use it up. Of course when I don't like the fabric the design kind of follows suit...

Anyway, I finished the sashing, was ironing it and going to, by golly, get the final border on and get this puppy on the quilt frame, when my IRON QUIT! Waaaaaggghhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't see a thing ugly about that quilt. I absolutely love the colors in it.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to get even uglier when I add the outer border. It's the brighter dark blue, and I like it least of all the fabrics in this line, and since I don't like the quilt to begin with... I thought I'd use up that fabric first! LOL

I think I may make this one a charity quilt. I guess that's not very charitable of me since I don't like it is it. :D

I love all these colors. I just hate them together! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Ardie

It has been a great iron, and I've abused it to no end. It's held up for 7 years. Today, when I plug it in, it automatically goes into the auto shut off mode.

·
HomesteadHopefuls
709 Posts
beautiful quilt
its always beautiful when someone puts
thought and effort into something.:clap:
beautiful work.

btw, I found that info for you,
will get it to you asap.

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
I LOVE it and the pattern. I am always looking for new easy patterns...this looks great and I think I could use some scraps.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks you guys. I have decided I'm going to donate this one to a charity. So... I'm open to suggestions here. It can go to OzarkHmsteaders charity she mentioned on the other post to me, or if we have a needy family here on the board, I'm okay with that too.

I don't follow the Countryside Families board, which is where I assume someone might post in need.

Angie, Karen?

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finished the top today, I think the outer border helped a lot. I have an ocean blue heavyweight flannel sheet from LLBean that I had bought to back this with, I've got it running through the wash now to shrink it, then I hope to at least get this puppy on the quilt frame this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts