Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my mini-shcnauzer in yesterday for teeth cleaning. When we picked him up he was still sort-of out of it. During the night he started throwing up, this morning he has diaheria, then the second time he had to go out he was passing blood. Scared me sinseless. That was about 6:30 am, had to waite untill 8:00 am for the vet to open. He said the diaheria and throwing up is normal, the bleeding was not. Bring him in. Got there and they kept him and told me to come back in a couple hours. He checked for infection and parasites. Both negitave. He had a bad reaction to the anithesia. Gave him some medication, didn't get charged for the visit or the medication. He's feeling better now but still don't want any food.

Think I'll cook him some chicken tonight.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Poor guy. I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon. I'm glad I've never had anesthesia, because I understand that people can have adverse reactions like that too!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Wow! I 've had dogs vomit while recovering from the anesthesia, but not after they've gone home (unless they were fed too much too soon.) (Not saying that's the case here.) And never diarrhea. I would certainly remind your vet and request a different anesthetic be used should your pupper ever need anesthesia again. Poor baby! And poor you for having to worry so much!

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing he had that night was a small strip of homemade liver snack I make for him. The vet ask what was in it. After I told him he said that wouldn't have caused it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.