bad doggies

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MaKettle, Nov 1, 2004.

1. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

Early this year two big dogs found a space under the pasture fence and killed several of my chickens and the pet turkey and goose. The owners were appalled and promised it would never happen again. And the bad dogs (really family pets of the friendly variety) were kept in their respective yards and not allowed to roam for 9 months. Yesterday they came back, and were looking for that space under the fence. Long since fixed. The neighbor's horse does not like dogs and has sent a few yipping home. She came over and stomped the blithering dickens out of those dogs. Both left in a big hurry, one on three legs and howling. Attack horse. Good horse. Hopefully the doggies will not be back, ever. Must get an armload of carrots for that horse.

2. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

LOL maybe a sugar cube or 2 she deserves it and not to mention a horse that fired up you want to make sure your its friend. :)

3. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Excellent Horse! Hopefully if the dogs hightailed it out of there, they'll remember the 'mean' horse attacking them and they'll stay away for good. As long as they see the horse patrolling around to protect the chickens (at least that's what you'll want the dogs to remember), they might stay away for good. If the horse was not available for some reason, I'de be tempeted to make a decoy plywood cutout of the horse, just to 'remind' those dogs to 'Beware of the Horse'. :haha:

4. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

hmmmm.... seeing visions of lawsuits, and signs of
    "beware of attack horse"

hehehe, good horse !!!!
    i had a boss mare that didnt like one of my then 3 dogs she would go after just him, not the other two , funny thing is , he was the most timid of my dogs ...