Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so down. I just failed a test on a work at home opportunity I needed more than you can imagine. I have been bawling ever since. I know it is not the end of the world but it is very bad. I also feel like I have the IQ of a salted slug :(
Ok. I have ranted and maybe I will feel better, sorry to snivel to you guys, but I am hoping by writing this I will feel better, get up, and do something instead of dwelling on something I can't change.
Thanks for listening and again sorry for such a pity party.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Was it a test or a neuro psych evaluation? Most of those 'tests' are exactly that. If you don't match the profile they are looking for you won't 'pass'. My hubby has gotten dumped on a lot of those because cmpanies don't want to believe some people are that honest or smart(they think thy cheated on the test) I have never gotten a job at a place that made me take one. And they are neuro psych evals because as a manager I have seen the profile they kick out that then tells you what to watch for in an interview....

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
Listen, failing a test doesn't mean you have the IQ of a salted slug (I busted out over that one). Some people take tests better than others. Maybe brush up on your test-taking techniques. Thoroughly read the questions and answers twice before making a selection. Go with your gut instinct and do not change your answer unless you are sure the answer is right. Skip questions and go back later to fill them in (chances are, another question might jog your memory about one of the ones left blank).

I am so sorry you failed your test. Can you take it again? I am also sure that while finding out about this opportunity, you became aware of other avenues you can pursue.

It stinks, but you will find another opportunity. Have some Haagan Daasz ice cream (you deserve it!). Hugs and thoughts to you.

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
Sabrina, bless your heart. That test doesn't mean your stupid (I also cracked up over the salted slug...lol). Sweetie, it just means that wasn't the job for you because there's something better right around the corner. Just have faith and confidence that things always play out just the way they are suppose to - even if they don't make sense at the time. <<hugs>>

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I am so down. I just failed a test on a work at home opportunity I needed more than you can imagine. I have been bawling ever since. I know it is not the end of the world but it is very bad. I also feel like I have the IQ of a salted slug :(
Ok. I have ranted and maybe I will feel better, sorry to snivel to you guys, but I am hoping by writing this I will feel better, get up, and do something instead of dwelling on something I can't change.
Thanks for listening and again sorry for such a pity party.
Hi Sabrina;
I am sorry that you missed the work at home opportunity. I don't think you have the IQ of a slated slug either. The whole situation could be a blessing in disguise. Have you ever heard that country song "Thank God for Unanswered Prayer"? Of course prayers aren't unanswered but many of our prayers and wants are outside of God's will/plan for us. Somehthings that seem great and wonderful would be absolutely disastrous for us. I'll be praying for your job situation
tamilee
P.S. My cataracts have gotten worse so I have trouble typing and often misspell words as I have trouble seeing not only the keyboard but what I have typed. Anyway did you know that in the U.K. all prospective police officers have to take an I.Q. test? Those with the higher I.Q. s are rejected. The reasoning; anyone with a high I.Q. is too smart to be a cop.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it wasn't like it was brain surgery. It was West at Home..I failed one of the tests on Direct Response. Now I feel awful.I was getting 100% then BAM I fail..not once , but twice.Like I had a total brain gel. Now you have to wait for them to send you another "skill" to train for. I needed this SO bad.
You guys are right though. There is a reason I am having this happen. Can't see it now, but it isn't for me to see yet.
Thanks again for all you insight and warm fuzzies. Sabrina

·
Registered
392 Posts
(((((((((((((((((Sabrina))))))))))))))))))) I agree with the others, that just wasn't the job for you. Your salted slug analogy was adorable btw :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Salted Slug:sing:

It'll get better.Shake it off,tomorrow is another day.Sometimes these things just happen,brain freeze.Hang in there.

·
The Awesome PT & Friends
2,178 Posts
Did you get the package I sent you?

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Sabrina, I worked for West for 3.5 years, so believe me when I tell you, you didn't miss much. I'm sending you a PM with other WAH jobs. I work for one now making 3x more than I did at West.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Titansrunfarm : Yes I did, and I apologize for not getting back to you.We have really had a run of luck lately. I have been in such a tither.
I was so happy. They were really nice. My ds latched on to one lead and also the scraper. I was so pleased, and I thank you for the generosity.
Again I am so sorry that I have not thanked you properly. :)
Sancraft. Thanks, I REALLY need something. I was so excited to finally get a chance..then I blow it on a dang test. :( I have bawled all day. I figure I will wallow in my own pity today..and get up tomorrow to a new day, and let it go..(After I eat a whole pie or something today) .Thanks so much for your help.
You guys are all the best !

·
Formerly Kathleen in AR
1,050 Posts
Don't feel too bad. When I worked DR it was terrible. I was such a wreck not knowing what kind of calls would come up. I just found some to very very offensive. Some people thought the perv calls were funny. I found them disgusting. You can most definitely do better.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Don't feel too bad. When I worked DR it was terrible. I was such a wreck not knowing what kind of calls would come up. I just found some to very very offensive. Some people thought the perv calls were funny. I found them disgusting. You can most definitely do better.

I agree, almost 6 months of DR here.....never again!!

I sent you a PM.

Holly

1 - 20 of 23 Posts