Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I am on baby watch. The nigerian dwarf does that I got ( and was told they were due the end of march) One of them has lost her ligs and has a full udder, the other that I thought would go first still has ligs but are softer.
Too bad they didn't go last week when it was in the 30's Right now it is only 10. So I am gonna have to watch close, so they get dried off in this cold weather.

·
mostly LaManchas
1,004 Posts
oh, how frustrating! I sure hope everything goes well with them.
So, if they thought the end of March and they are wrong... how many bucks do they have that may be the culprit?
I am watching for kids too, but I am not worried, these two does have kidded a few times, no problems, great mothers. and it is not very cold here.
Jean.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They actually have had a buck with them all the time, in fact these two still smell very much like buck. They have both kidded before, and according to the owners they were very good mothers. Although I talked to their kids for awhile when we picked them up and the kids say they had to take the babies and bottle feed.
I actually thought that they would go sooner than they said, so it is not a big surprise.
I just hope they do it during the day so I don't have to be up all night.

·
mostly LaManchas
1,004 Posts
I so know what you mean! I hate worrying at night! A stall cam helps, lol.
It makes sense if they were with a buck all the time that they would be due now, start of season and all. Good for you knowing! :)

·
mostly LaManchas
1,004 Posts
They are cute. :) Nigi's have such fun colors.
Sugar and Spice were the names of the first goats my parents got, lol.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
They are really cute :) I can't wait to see the baby pictures!! Hope all goes well with Spice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.