Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have delivery!! So far only one buckling. I got out there right after the birth, the baby was still wet. I brought him inside by the fire and blow dried him then put on a sweater and took him back out. He figured out the nursing thing quickly :) So now, does she have any more?? I tried "bouncing" her but the whole entire belly felt hard. Nothing bony/feels like a kid, but also not squishy goat guts like it says on fiasco farm. She ate the after birth. She now has a mucus string hanging out and is eating hay and tending to "Delta".

Good thing I found him when I did.. his ears were frozen solid!

Here is me blow drying him.

This one you can see why I named him Delta.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It sounds like your doe is done kidding. Congrats on the cutie pie. :) He looks like a normal single, just not what I would have thought would come out of your flashy buck. He still is cute :)

Patty.

·
Registered
382 Posts
my 16 month old sister keeps looking at the picture saying" look baby goat...cute baby goat.."

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,441 Posts
Well-ll-ll-ll, isn't he awfully cute? Was he worth the wait? Do you think you're addicted now? :)

Thanks for the update and the pics.

NeHi

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I want another doe so I can see whether or not I can get spots on the babies (Cinnamons last set of twins - before I got her- was the same color) He is soo friendly already! His poor little (or should I say big!) ears are swollen where they were frozen and I can't get him to keep them inside the sweater I made for him.. I just went out there and they were very cold again. Any ideas? He is soo cute but I was REALLY hoping for a doeling. The bucklings are destined to be dog food. :/ NY Cowgirl that is too cute :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Now that's quite adorable! His ears may be frostbitten - he may loose the tips of them. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they don't get infected.

Now come on, EVERYONE needs a pet wether!

My gal went too yesterday, but thankfully our weather magically warmed up for her. She's already out and about with her twin girls.

You could possibly wrap his ears back on his neck with vetwrap or similar. Be careful with that though, could be a choking hazard if loose.

Andrea
www.arare-breed.net
www.faintinggoat.net

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
He's cute. In this kind of weather, the only certain way to prevent frostbite in kids' ears is to make house goats out of them. Since he's destined for the freezer, just keep an eye on him that they don't get infected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts