Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were out in the boat heading to a nearby island with a restaurant to get an order to go as it was our 36th anniversary of our first date which we always celebrate...We would eat this on the boat and see if there were whales or other sea life....went around the island we live on and saw this big rock that is only visible on the lowest tides...as we got closer we saw it was a baby seal! With a zoom lens I got some decent pics...how fun! This is our back yard I guess one might say. Being surrounded by water is a true adventure at times!

DSC_0037 (2).JPG
baby seal 3.JPG
DSC_0077 (3).JPG
Whales Tail.JPG

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
My friend lives on Vancouver Island right on the shore and this year they have had several Sea Lions dropping by, leaving and returning. They are HUGE. And noisy but amazing. The pair is very loving.

·
Premium Member
20,307 Posts
Beautiful pictures, I miss the Sound.
the 36th anniversary of our first date is next month. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend lives on Vancouver Island right on the shore and this year they have had several Sea Lions dropping by, leaving and returning. They are HUGE. And noisy but amazing. The pair is very loving.
Yes and I am sure the Orca are more prevalent in their waters also. Our typical whales are Grey Whales. Its fun to see wildlife in the waters here.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, we live in Spokane now.
You will find this funny but I have a slightly older sis in Spokane named Lisa! I bet you do miss it here. After moving to CO to provide our sons with their college educations and then back to another island where we worked for some years...I was in heaven to move back home!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts