Babies!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tucker, May 10, 2005.

1. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

:D right on schedule 30 days ,, Spotty had 8 fat wriggly kits when I went out to check today :) ,,

Now if Bebe will have hers on day 31 ,, tomorrow as scheduled ,, I'll be happy :haha: ,, and then Debe on sunday !! :)

2. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

:dance: WHOOO HOOOO!!!!! :dance:

3. cedargrove

cedargrove Well-Known Member

Be ready for anything, I came home from work last
    Friday and found 11 scattered all over, on the ground in the poo and hay, two with thier heads stuck in the wire and one hanging from it's little paws from the wire. After picking them all up and placeing in the box believe it or not they are all well and fat now.

4. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

:D Oh Spotty is my best most reliable doe ,, and she knows shes queen of the castle ,,

the other 2 does are first timers so I know anything can happen ,, but both their momas were good mothers soo my fingers are crossed ,,

oh my hub thinks I'm nuts when I'm going back and forth checking when I have babies due ,, but like your example if you find them soon enough ,, even wire babies can be saved ,,

I've went out at 5 am and found 8 froze stiff on the wire ,, brought in and heated up and saved 7 ,, so I'm nuts about checking often ,,

:haha: 'I see a faint path developin in the grass"

5. cedargrove

cedargrove Well-Known Member

The way I see it is that the animal is giving me meat to supply healthy food for my body and they need all the love and care I can give them to have the best life while under my care !! I have sat up all night just to make sure they deliver as easly as they can..