Babies are here!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Karenrbw, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Karenrbw

Karenrbw Well-Known Member Supporter

Big Mama gave birth to two healthy Kiko/Boer bucklings yesterday. We saw her down at the bottom of the pasture with baby #1 when we went out to feed. I gathered him up and brought him to the barn. Mom quickly followed and we got them penned up. An hour later, baby #2 was born. Everyone is doing well and up and playing. Mom got some grain and hay and seems to be pretty content with things. She had twins this spring, but it was cool and she had them down by the pond and they got chilled and died. We bought her a month or so ago so we could have fair kids for the summer.

2. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats! An hour between kids is a long time for my does. They generally pop those kids out in a matter of minutes. Only one I can think of that took an hour was Chex. She had one doeling, stopped and acted like she was done. We waited, but finally went to the house for lunch. Came back out and there were two more kids! :rock:

So glad to hear your little ones are healthy!! I have a Boer/Saanen named Big Mama.... ;)

Emily Dixon
    Ozark Jewels
    Boers, Nubians, Lamanchas and Alpines

3. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Biggest congrats to you and the new kids!! Hope all goes well, with them and momma!! :clap:

4. daisy05

daisy05 Member

CONGRATS on your kiddos and I am so sorry to hear about the two the died last year did you not know about she had kids?
    Sorry to hear

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the babies! What sex are they, color, names, anything else you can think of. We SO need pictures, babies are SOOOOO cute! Once again, congrats, and hope that you enjoy them, bye.

6. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Goat Freak she did say what gender they are...but I am also DYING for some pictures!!!!

MotherClucker

7. daisy05

daisy05 Member

YEs She did say they are bucklings that is a male goat!!!!
    And we are al DYING for picies!!!

8. Karenrbw

Karenrbw Well-Known Member Supporter

I would post a picture, if only I could figure out how. I will work on it.
    We bought mama a couple of months ago and didn't own her when she had her last kids. That is why she is sort of out of season with our other does. One buckling is brown and black, like a typical Kiko and the younger one is almost solid white with two black spots near the horn buds. I think she waited so long between the two because we disturbed her and she didn't want to kid with an audience. As soon as we left her alone, there was the kid. She is fairly new to us and doesn't really trust us too much yet. :happy:

9. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Sorry, the bell had just rung and I needed to getto my next class, LUNCH! BTW, I had heard that if a goat takes longer than 20 minutes between babies, that the second one is born dead, but I guess that that is not so, of course I also heard that a goat can not get preggos at one month, I guess that I will continue to live and learn till I die.