Ayone heard of E-gold? Need Advice from ebay users.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by thinkncabin, Jan 22, 2004.

1. thinkncabin

thinkncabin New Member

I just won an ebay auction and after winning the seller requested payment through egold. I have been scammed on ebay before so I told him that I was not comfortable paying with egold ( he also had 0 feedback) and would like to use some other form of payment that offered me some protection from scams. He replied he would trust me and that he would ship the item to me and I could pay later. Meanwhile I got a letter from ebay saying he had been suspended, didn't say why.I did recieve the item and it made me even more curious. It is a tool that had been ordered from amazon.com. several days after the auction ended. It had a receipt in it which said he had payed $239 for the tool and I won the auction for only $167.50 including shipping. I have had trouble with egold funding places because they will not accept cell phone numbers for contacts and we are off grid and only have cell phones. Maybe that is a blessing because something still does not feel right about this whole thing. I have emailed the guy and offered to send him a cashiers check and he refuses says he will only accept egold. So here I sit with atool that I desperately need and haven't paid for and am wondering what to do. Advice anyone? :confused:

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Wow! Sure sounds like something is fishy to me also. Do you have to give e-gold account information they can use to empty your accounts? I would insist on paying with a USPS money order, probably with a receipt.

Ken S. in WC TN

3. Look to see where the seller is and if he is from out of the country he might not want to mess with exchange rates.

http://www.e-gold.com/unsecure/qanda.html

As log as you have the tool and are happy with it I would try to comply with his wish.

I haven't looked at the egold requirements for registration so I can't coment on that.

Have a great day

Dennis/ siryet not logged on

4. Zack

Zack Well-Known Member

I did not read your whole post :eek:
    May have been suspended for a stolen credit card.

5. LiL OHNNL

LiL OHNNL Well-Known Member

where was the tool shipped from amazon directly? If so some thing aint right. They dont do drop shipping and he most likely payed for it with a stolen something. what they seem to do is rob and account then have the item sent as a gift or to a diffrent address and colect the money from you . Good deal? Maybe for you but someone is really getting scammed. I say dont send the payment and see what happens otherwise find a way to pay though the mail.

6. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

If you have the receipt from Amazon, I would contact them and see what they think of your suspicions. I bet he bought it with a stolen credit card or something.

If ebay can't help you, maybe Amazon will, since they will be out the money in the end.

Jena

7. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I think Jena may have it. Say he has a stolen credit card number and PIN. He looks on Amazon to find something he can purchase after it is sold on eBay. He pays them on-line with the credit card and has it shipped to you. You pay him through e-gold, so he gets cash out of it. While this may not seem like much, remember in many countries in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, the average monthly wage is only $100 to $200. In much of Asia it might be less than $50. Thus, $50 would be a nice score for them.

Ken S. in WC TN

8. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

If you bid on an auction and dont agree to the payment methods then you made a mistake. Dont bid if you dont agree with the sellers terms.

Now the auction itself, Something is not right. Either contact amazon and see if they have any pending issues with the sale. Contact the seller and contact ebay. If no one has an issue then pay for the item and enjoy the tool.