Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been extremely p.o.'d about the way some magazines automatically renew your subscription? I admit I probably didn't read the subscription notice as I knew I wasn't going to renew and threw it away. It burns me up that I have to write to tell them I don't want it! If I don't write and ignore the invoice it would look bad on our credit rating. Plus my current subscription doesn't even run out for 6 months. Arggggg!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
This happened to me. I started getting a bill and I never renewed my subscription. I had to write them and send the bill back to them to get the bills and magazines stopped. I think magazine subscriptions are hurting right now. I get so many offers for good deals in the mail. I guess they've started automatically resubscribing, and I suppose a lot of people will just pay the bill whenever it comes in.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
What bugs me is when they send you a subscription renewal bill when you've already paid for a 1 or 2 yr subscription. If I look at the fine print on the mailing label, I can find the expiration date of the current subscription; often it's way in the future and they're still trying to get me to "renew", which if I did would have me paid up until 2010 or beyond. Very sneaky, since I'm too busy to keep careful track of what magazine subscription expires when.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts