Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw someone say Australia has returned to their origin of being a prison colony. They have nearly 1 and 1/2 million population and are doing this because of only 7 COVID deaths per day when they could do nothing and have the same result in about a month. Insanity abounds.

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I thought maybe it was a "Take your mouth down south" ad they had a bit ago.... :D

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Or, when we play the game of Risk (yes, the board game, geez) our family calls it "The Empire of Poison" ;)

·
STILL not Alice
20,717 Posts
And now I've got the Bruce's in my head...

Reactions: Riverdale

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Canada has some beautiful scenery, hunting and fishing. Even some nice people if you can understand them :) Used to make the trip every 2 or 3 years. Not been and it seems not likely to with the vaccine requirements. Always enjoyed taking a different route there to enjoy the scenery here in the USA and Canada. So now the money gets spent here. Seems lots of tourism income has been lost all over.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I saw someone say Australia has returned to their origin of being a prison colony. They have nearly 1 and 1/2 million population and are doing this because of only 7 COVID deaths per day when they could do nothing and have the same result in about a month. Insanity abounds.
The current population of Australia is 25,852,106 as of Saturday, September 11, 2021.

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The current population of Australia is 25,852,106 as of Saturday, September 11, 2021.

Thank you. You are correct. I got in the wrong column which showed their total tests.

·
Registered
12,084 Posts
Canada has some beautiful scenery, hunting and fishing. Even some nice people if you can understand them :)
I watched a reel to reel of western Canada in highschool in vivid technicolor.
There was a man in a deep red flannel shirt fly fishing a stream surrounded by the greenest pines. "That's for me"!
Three buddies and I were going to pool our money and drive my beater El Camino up during summer vacation and camp out. That was until we looked at the map and calculated how many miles it was.

·
STILL not Alice
20,717 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Why would anyone want to go to Canada?
Oh, americans are here in droves. Every 5th car is American. There must be good reason. All are double vaccinated to come into Canada.
I guess the question is, why would Canadians want to go to the states? My parents are snowbirds going down to the desert each winter and the states won’t even let them in. Must be hard In the economy in some places.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
If you are scared, the best place for you would be at home hibernating, please stay there !
Not scared a bit. Just told by Dad to stay home 🏠. My only two fears are a plane and the dentist...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts