Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any diary or cattle auctions in KS. Wichita are or North or West of Wichita. Hutch area okay too. Dh almost has the fence up and he said if we got a heifer we would be okay even before he got it up. However we would prefer a cow ready to milk possibly with a calf by her side.

Anyone know of anybody with something like that? I want a Jersey.

·
KS dairy farmers
3,841 Posts
http://www.hpj.com/livestockIS/listings/livestockmktg_Auctions.cfm

Try this site, it lists a bunch of Kansas auctions. I have found it's not a complete listing though, there might be other sales out there. I know Winfield has a sale every Wednsday. There is also a new sale barn in Newkirk, OK. They have a sale every Friday. South Hutchinson has a sale on Tuesdays and El Dorado has a sale on Thursdays.

Heather

·
Registered
922 Posts
And the first friday of every month they have an auction at Yoder at the grain silos right there as you get into town...I think. You could ask around in Yoder to find out Im sure :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Cowley county fair is coming this weekend, so that would be a good time to make some connections with folks who raise cattle too. Thats my plan, we'll be there on saturday :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.