Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Piney Girl
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get rid of a boat hull? My son left a boat hull on my property and I am wondering how to get rid of it, It is on a trailer and we have a truck but not really certain what to do with it. Should we cut it up (big job), it is fiberglass.

It has a good title.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Depends where you live - I had one that accidently caught on fire - burned like heck with black smoke - but after the fire it was gone - or you can get a chain saw and cut it into small pieces and put out with the garbage a little at a time - or as others have said - give it away for free -

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you just want it gone fast. Free or low cost trailer and all on craigslist.If you want the trailer cover with brush burn at night just make sure the local FD knows your burning some brush.

·
Bunny Poo Monger
3,067 Posts
If you decide to give it away make sure you get a notarized bill of sale. I made the mistake of giving one away and ended up with a $323 towing bill because the guy that eventually ended up with the boat never had it registered. It was still in my name when the guy abandoned it. I couldn't renew tags on my car or truck until the bill was paid.

·
"Slick"
2,385 Posts
Please don't burn fiberglass, that is very nasty smoke.

You could also take it to the nearest lake and scuttle it about a half mile from shore. Don't forget your life jacket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts