Attn Marden Shoppers....Mainers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mpillow, May 25, 2005.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

My husband called to say that Mardens in Waterville just got a whole bunch of trees, grapes etc....in stock and the prices are cheap. Not sure of the origin but he did mention flowering crab trees too.

I sent him on his lunch hour.....hopefully he'll have some prizes for me to plant!

2. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Thanks! I have to go to Calais Friday morning. I'll swing by the store there to look for them. I'd love to get some grapes and a flower crab.

3. ryanandnina

ryanandnina New Member

It looks like they have some in Brewer too. I haven't stopped to see what they are yet... Maybe tomorrow...

4. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

mpillow, thank you for the info. I went to Marden's in Calais this morning and bought the last of the grape vines. I wasn't thinking about the size of the trees this morning so I didn't think to switch vehicles with my husband today. We'll probably go back tomorrow for trees.

Did your husband come home with anything?

5. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

No :waa: :waa: :waa:

He went over and looked, couldnt decide....ran into my dad and ended up at Kramer's in Sidney...the "blue" tractor store :no: :no:

They are ganging up on me....if I have to have a farm then they want a tractor so *I* can have a bigger pasture, yada yada....and the haying attachment and the backhoe....I asked them if tractor tastes like chicken :rolleyes:

I think they should have bought money trees !!!!

6. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I LOVE Marden's!!! I'm not from Maine... but my mom lives there... when we go to visit, I make sure we go at least 3 times!!!