Attention southern members

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Kimon, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

We would like to add some additional goats to our little heard, looking for healthy stock, non-registered ok no intact males but wethers are ok. We also would like a couple more registered minimancha's or alpines. We are in South Alabama but would travel 300-500 miles for the right animals.

2. vancom

vancom Well-Known Member

i have a wether, born 3/06, great guy, sweet and affectionate, tall. He is mostly Lamancha with a tiny bit of Nubian. we are south of Nashville--about 50 miles to the Alabama line. Not sure if you'd be interested but he's available.

Vanessa
    near Nashville

3. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

Kimon...If you find a doe that is in milk or is bred, and you don't need her, let me know. I'm not far from you either...I'll keep my ears open locally. I'm not sure about mini's though...The only LaMancha folks I know have standards.

4. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

I have three wethers, two saanan/nubian crosses and one saanan sable. The little sable was wethered because he's got a bit of a problem with his legs, he walks funny, like his shoulder joints and knees aren't in synce. My husband has already tagged him as a freezer goat, but I've sorta developed a soft spot for the little bugger.

No does for sale as yet, but wait unitl after Christmas. My Tibby broke into the girls pen on August 1st and bred everything that didn't move fast enough. I should have babies by the end of December, first of January, mostly Saanan's, and I have a feeling they'll be big girls, since most of my girls are on the large side...

:hobbyhors :hobbyhors :hobbyhors

5. sixstrothers

sixstrothers Hallelujah Dairy

I do a website for a friend of mine in Mobile, Alabama. Her website is http://www.geocities.com/just_4_goats She has quite a few for sale including two show goats that are bred.
    Lori

6. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

Thanks all - I left Sheila a message, she is very close to us, less than ten miles.

Cricket - the mini's I got were from fairhope very nice little herd. I would be interested in a pregnent full sized lamancha doe as well.

7. cricket

I can also vouch for Sheila. She has some specatular goats and is a WONDERFUL person. I haven't seen her in a couple of years though....I need to go see her next time I'm over that direction. She also has the neatest little caprine store there on the property.

Did you get the others from Shannon? She's moved out of F'hope now but is till in the county. I didn't know anyone else here had lamanchas.

8. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

No it was Kelly and she had a nice little heard she aquirred from Oregon. If you come over to see shiela you need to stop by and see us too we are about 5 miles south of the I-10 from the Grand Bay Exit

9. sixstrothers

sixstrothers Hallelujah Dairy

Sheila is in Tallahassee, Florida at a show. She will be back late Sunday night.
    Lori

10. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

OIC thanks, that would be why she has not returned our call hehehe.

11. cricket

Hmmm...I didn't realize Kelly even had any mini's. I know she's also moved but she still has her sign up saying goats are for sale. I don't even know how to get in touch with her now...I wonder if any of them are dairy goats that are left? I know Shannon also has some and she also has beautiful Lamanchas. I would love to get one of hers. I'll drop in the next time I'm in the area...

12. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

Kelly's neighbor also has goats and the sign is actually for his goats. He is a very nice guy but primarily has meat goats for sale. I emailed Kelly last week but have not gotten a response. I am hoping to lease a buck for my mini's to date from her.

I spoke with Shiela last night very nice gal, but she currently doesn't have anything for sale. She will be kidding in december so I may check back with her then.

13. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

I have a beautiful herd of show alpines. I have a few bred does for sale. I will be more than happy to give you a few whethers in the spring if you take them as bottle babies. We will be freshening 20 plus does soooo I know that we will have extras LOL!! I woul dlove for them to have a good home and they would make beautiful pets.

14. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

I meant wethers!

15. cricket

I left a message with Shannon but haven't heard back yet. I'll try her again tonight...

16. cricket

Ok...Talked to Shannon. She won't have anything for sale until kidding and that will be in Jan. If you're interested, pm me and I'll send you her number. I don't think Kelly has any more mini's though...

17. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

18. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

Yep your right Kelly has no more because we just worked out a deal for me to purchase em all, 6 minimancha does (all bread), one Lamancha Doe in milk, one Lamancha Buck, and one minimancha buck all registered except the Lamancha Buck. Kids due in the spring.

19. cricket

Did you get Vanilla????? I wanted her!!!! I'm jealous! Maybe I can con you out of one of the babies in the spring...

20. Kimon

Kimon Not a Cannibal

Not sure of the names but I have all she had. We will be in your area tomorrow to pick them up. Hopefully we will have lotsa kids this spring.