Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is being introduced in each state

starting with California, New York, Illinois, Hawaii, Maryland, Indiana, Tennessee, and Washington.

See: http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

"No later than January 1, 2011,
all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this act,
whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets,
shall be disposed."

Tennessee

HOUSE BILL 3245

By LARRY J. MILLER

D - Memphis

SENATE BILL 3395

By REGINALD TATE
D - Memphis

AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13,

to enact the “Ammunition Accountability Act”.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE:

SECTION 1. This act shall be known and may be cited as the “Ammunition Accountability Act”.

SECTION 2. The general assembly finds the following:

(1) Each year in the United States, more than thirty percent (30%) of all homicides that involve a gun go unsolved;

(2) Handgun ammunition accounts for eighty percent (80%) of all ammunition sold in the United States;

(3) Current technology for matching a bullet used in a crime to the gun that fired it has worked moderately well for years, but presupposes that the weapon was recovered by law enforcement; and

(4) Bullet coding is a new and effective way for law enforcement to quickly identify persons of interest in gun crime investigations.

SECTION 3. For purposes of this act, "coded ammunition" means a bullet carrying a unique identifier that has been applied by etching onto the base of the bullet projectile.

SECTION 4.

(a) All handgun and assault weapon ammunition manufactured or sold in the state after January 1, 2009, shall be coded by the manufacturer.

(b) No later than January 1, 2011, all non-coded ammunition for the calibers listed in this act, whether owned by private citizens or retail outlets, shall be disposed.

SB339501197072-1-

SECTION 5.

(a) The Tennessee bureau of investigation (TBI) shall be responsible for establishing and maintaining an ammunition coding system database (ACSD) containing the following information:

(1) A manufacturer registry. Manufacturers shall:

(A) Register with the TBI in a manner prescribed by the department through rules and regulations; and

(B) Maintain records on the business premises for a period of seven (7) years concerning all sales, loans and transfers of ammunition, to, from, or within the state; and

(2) A vendor registry. Vendors shall:

(A) Register with the TBI in a manner prescribed by the department through rules and regulations;

(B) Record the following information in a format prescribed by the TBI:

(i) The date of the transaction;

(ii) The name of the transferee;

(iii) The purchaser's driver license number or other government issued identification card number;

(iv) The date of birth of the purchaser;

(v) The unique identifier of all handgun ammunition or bullets transferred; and

(vi) All other information prescribed by the TBI; and

(C) Maintain records on the business premises for a period of three (3) years from the date of the recorded purchase.

(b) To the greatest extent possible or practical, the ACSD shall be built within the framework of existing firearms databases. The ACSD shall be operational no later than January 1, 2009.

(c) Privacy of individuals shall be of the utmost importance. Access to information in the ACSD is reserved for key law enforcement personnel and shall only be released in connection with a criminal investigation.

SECTION 6.

(a) Any vendor that knowingly fails to comply with, or falsifies the records required to be kept by this act commits a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) Any manufacturer that knowingly fails to comply with this act commits a Class A misdemeanor punishable by fine only not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) for a first violation and punishable by fine only not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000) for second and subsequent violations.

(c) Any person who knowingly destroys, obliterates, or otherwise renders unreadable, the serialization required pursuant to this act, on any bullet or assembled ammunition commits a Class A misdemeanor.

SECTION 7.

(a) The cost of establishing and maintaining the ACSD shall be funded by an end-user fee. Vendors shall charge an additional one half cent ($.005) per bullet or round of ammunition to the purchaser.

(b) There is established the coded ammunition fund for deposit of the end-user fees described in this section. Moneys in the fund, upon appropriation, shall be available to the TBI for infrastructure, implementation, operational, enforcement, and future development costs of this act.

-2-01197072-3-01197072

SECTION 8.

This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring it.

4-01197072

Do not let these types of so-called laws be passed!

They are coming for your guns.

Now they will find the unregistered ones via registered ammo.

All tyrants use the registration records

to confiscate guns from potential resistors.

Also, if someone steals your ammo and commits a crime, they will come to the one who has it registered.

Many law-abiding people who have guns but do not have Driver’s license or government issued ID
cannot buy ammunition.

[I do not have a Driver's license nor a government issued ID.]
[Nor do I want one or be forced to have one]

By 2011, it will be a crime to have

non-coded ammunition in your possession

When fines are collected,

where does the money go?

Yes, you are right!...To build a bigger empire.

They are also taxing ammo

at the rate of 5 cents for each round.

Do not let it happen

5 cents today could be $1.00 per round tomorrow

This is Part of a VERY LONG E-mail message-I will try to put the rest in another thread, but if I can't get it on, please Pm me with your e-mail address and i'll send the entire thing to you.-charliesbugs

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
This is being sponsored mainly by the people who make the encoding equipment. They find some state representative that is antigun to sponsor it. I have my doubts about it passing. We had a thread recently about this, either in S&EP or General chat. Do a search on those forums. I don't think it will pass because I feel the only reason for the attempted legislation is to enrich the people who make the encoding equipment and provide bribes or "donations" to supporting legislators. I believe there is also something about our reloads have to be gone by a certain time. If they think they are going to tell us what to do with our reloads, they can kiss my behind. Hubs phrases it a little more colorfully, but you get the idea. Another thing is that a lot of Americans are just getting fed up with this kind of baloney. So, elected representatives, take note.

I just wanted to add if your state is on the list, check your state legislative website and determine the status of the bill. Start writing, calling, emailing, visiting with your state representatives, or meeting them when they are making appearances and express your utter disgust at and oppositon to this type of legislation. Let them know they work for you and you will do your best to put them on the unemployment line if they support this kind of legislation.

There are several gun organizations -- NRA, GOA, and I can't think of the others. Pick your favorite and join. Let them know what your objectives are.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Company selling the equipment: http://www.ammocoding.com/
I come across a long article about this company and its methods that was posted on another website. I am going to try to find their original source and see if I can link it. They are scum - I hope they wind up in Chapter 11.

Their fake front organization: http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
There is a list of states it was introduced in with the bill number so folks can look it up. It is a pathetic site. The technology page is interesting, BS, but interesting.

Here are some edited comments from another website regarding this bill:

Washington: . . . tried here in WA and it went down easily, despite being a liberal state
-------
Maryland: Judiciary & Ways and Means Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m. (Judiciary)
3/10 Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
Senate Action - No Action
---------
Kentucky: . . . bill was withdrawn in March of 2008. . . . . submitted by liberal rep . . . . yanked by the same rep that submitted it
--------
Tennessee: Letter from office of Sen. Mark Norris to constituent: SB 3395 was never scheduled to be heard in the Senate committee, however it was in the House and then it was "taken off notice." The bill is now "dead" and cannot be brought back when the legislature convenes again next week. However, the sponsors may file a new bill. Senator Norris wants you to know that he opposes this legislation and will continue to do so if another attempt is made to pass a bill such as this one.
--------
Indiana: . . . . rejected here too.
-------
New Jersey: This bill is dead. It never went anywhere.
-------
Missouri: SB1200 never made it in MO, it was immediately shot down.

Even though this bill has failed in many states, if you are located in one where it was introduced, it would be a good idea to let your state reps know you are against it.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always seem to be "a day late, and a dollar s---" when it comes to things. Sorry I posted this (will I ever learn to stay off here with things?). Looked it up - how did I miss this on here when it was posted before??? Charlie's son just sent this to us -he's usually right on top of everything.anyway,thanks for your comments,wottahuzzee. -Robin(charliesbugs)-And ,yeah,I'm a hunter,too.Guess that's why this upset me so much.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I can't believe it wasn't tried here in Mass. , with My Cool Aid Drinking Left Wing Nut of a State Rep. sponsoring it .
His last bill was to License Machetes , and a Farmer would have to prove a need , and knowledge . :confused: The earlier bill , I can't post in a Family Forum , ( but it did have something to do with animals ) but the real purpose was to "Legalize" an act of a " Protected Minority " :grit:
Bob

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I always seem to be "a day late, and a dollar s---" when it comes to things. Sorry I posted this (will I ever learn to stay off here with things?). Looked it up - how did I miss this on here when it was posted before??? Charlie's son just sent this to us -he's usually right on top of everything.anyway,thanks for your comments,wottahuzzee. -Robin(charliesbugs)-And ,yeah,I'm a hunter,too.Guess that's why this upset me so much.
Don't worry about it. Some of us need constant reminders when it comes to important things like this anyway. I have caught myself a time or two about to post something I HAD ALREADY POSTED BOUT A WEEK BEFORE. lol Eddie Buck

·
Missin Sweet Home Alabama
879 Posts
That has been out for a while. Just shows how stupid the anti-gun/freedom crowd is to actually think that would solve any crime.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Just sit and listen to them sometime , they really believe that , less legal guns , less crime .
Bob
Ps.
I have given up talking with two of My Nieces .
One is a advocate /rape counseler and strongly believes , as She was taught , that a Women shouldn't carry any kind of weapon , She should just call the police
The other one just hates firearms.
But it gives Me a Excuse Not to go to family events. :duel:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Robin, it's not a bad thing to post it because it keeps us all on our toes. It was new to you and you are a hunter, so how many other people might not be aware. We all need to watch our state legislation for this type of carp being introduced, and let our legislators know we do not like it. The only effect it will have on crime is to encourage ammunition theft by thugs. The sneaky company behind it really rubs me the wrong way too.

I did enjoy this guy's blog post about it in Tennessee. He has got some really good points we need to remember if we we are contacting legislators. He does point out, or at least it is his belief, that the state does not have the right to regulate ammo.

http://www.thelonelibertarian.com/2008/06/16/ammunition-accountability/

·
Cedar Cove Farm
1,706 Posts
Is this the NBIS? (National Bullet Identification System) The sister to the NAIS? I think there are a lot of tech companies out there looking to sell more stuff. They all stink.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts