Homesteading Forum banner

Attempted Ebay "Second Chance Offer" Scam

739 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Qwispea 
#1 ·
Checked my e-mail today and received a "Second Chance" offer for an item that I did not win. The e-mail looked and sounded like it was from Ebay ..but it said to contact the seller directly (and gave a non-ebay address). That was the first 'tip-off'. Another 'tip-off' was that when I went into my ebay account ..this email was not included in my personal messages.

I forwarded the email to ebay's spoof department ..and another to ebay's spam department. Ebay's spoof department already replied back that it was not legitimate.

#4 ·
I get so many of them that I don't even bother reporting them anymore. In fact, anything other than an email saying I won an item I delete. If it's from ebay they'll have a message at my ebay page. Same with PayPal, if they don't address the letter to me personally, I just dump it. And even when it is addressed to me, I never click from an email--I go to the PayPal website.

It's amazing how many crooks there are out there. What I could do with a full manure spreader at *their* house! :)

Jennifer

#8 ·
I am a trusting soul. Really I am. :angel: If someone asks me for my personal information, I Always give it to them... because I know they wouldn't be asking for my personal info unless they Really Need It.

Now of course, I use one of my fictitional personas, one of my fictional ss#s, fictional bank account/pims, credit card #s, and all of the passwords they need to access my vast fortunes :rolleyes: . I can't mention the passwords here, because this is a family forum... :p ... it usually includes farm animals and the scammers family members geneaology.... I always wonder if they actually try to access the numbers, and use the passwords I gave them...

20 days to go and counting...

#9 ·
texican said:

..Now of course, I use one of my fictitional personas, one of my fictional ss#s, fictional bank account/pims, credit card #s, and all of the passwords they need to access my vast fortunes :rolleyes: . I can't mention the passwords here, because this is a family forum... :p ... it usually includes farm animals and the scammers family members geneaology.... I always wonder if they actually try to access the numbers, and use the passwords I gave them...

20 days to go and counting...

LOL! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.