At how Many Days or Months...

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Paloma, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Paloma

Paloma New Member

At how many Days or Months should bulls stop drinking milk from a bottle and start eating grain and Hay??

What kind of Grain do you recommend for Jeresey bulls?

He is the only one we have no cows yet. Should we keep him alone or with a baby goat and its mom?

2. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

I wouldnt keep a Jersey bull, period :eek: Jersey bulls have a BAD reputation for being the meanest bulls. I would not put him in with a goat.

3. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

In about a week or two he will start eating the grain if it is available to him...
    Probably at about 8 weeks you can start weaning him. Once they are eating a pound of grain and some hay a day you can start to wean them. They make a calf starter grain and you can give that to him.. If the momma goat will leave the calf alone and vise versa then you should have no problem putting him in a pasture with them but not in a pen.. Jersey bull do have a reputation for being mean. The ones I have owned started to get aggressive around 6 months old. They want to play as do all 6 month old calves but if you are raising for food then You should be alright..Just watch yourself as with all livestock..