Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Level II -Inappropriate
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting in the wings until the after the Election.

I bet a lot of people has at least one of these.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-6257

‘(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means--

‘(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--
‘(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
‘(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
‘(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
‘(iv) Colt AR-15;
‘(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
‘(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
‘(vii) Steyr AUG;
‘(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
‘(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
‘(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
‘(iii) a bayonet mount;
‘(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
‘(v) a grenade launcher;
‘(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
‘(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
‘(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
‘(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
‘(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and
‘(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
‘(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and ‘(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.’.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To be fair this was introduced by 5 Republicans (3 from northeastern states, 1 from IL and 1 from FL) in June. I believe it was either meant to pander to their voters OR to help rally support for the Republicans in the 2008 elections if the Democrats took up the issue (which they obviously didn't). I'm not saying an AWB isn't going to happen, and I am buying as if there is going to be one, but this isn't really the "smoking gun" you think it is.

·
Five of Seven
3,295 Posts
Yep, the same stupid law again. I notice they have the AR15 on there, but not the Mini-14. That makes a lot of sense, seeing how the 2 are VERY similar in purpose and uses. :hobbyhors

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
I think it is time to create new firearms designs that circumvent the law.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
I think it's time to start disobeying the law.

That list of weapons they intend to ban looks like my Christmas wish list. Remember, patriots, that the famous "shot heard round the world" was fired when the British government's soldiers attempted to seize the arsenal at Concord.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Oh, and I'll add one thing:

For your own personal firearms choice, you should include at least one rifle that was designed to kill soldiers. A Mauser, a M1 Garand, or an AK47, or some other military grade firearm. Practice with it, clean it, store it close at hand. Don't let them take it from you.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
The mini-14 is included.

Well, I was starting to ease off of my paranoid delusions, but seeing something like this means I should order asap... something on that list!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry people but if you have not purchased already it's becoming too late. Some here may be collectors and familiar with what is going on and some may not be.

Ammo is almost gone all over the place and where it is not the prices have been JACKED UP TO THE HILT. The only ammo that can be had is the real expensive commercial tactical ammo in 20 round boxes. I ordered several weeks ago and have not seen anything since. I have monitored the prices at the same places I ordered a few weeks ago and the prices have gone up QUITE A BIT. .223 ammo by the thousand is now going for $390+ and that is the cheap stuff which would have cost $150-200 in August and you got to wait for that price, .223 to be delivered now would be in the $600 price range.

As far as guns...the picking is slim. You can find things but normally not what most of us were looking for. Hunting rifles are easy to come by but anything military in nature is back ordered with no idea when the order will be filled. As with anything it's supply and demand, sure you can buy an AR-15 but that same AR that sold for $600 a few weeks ago is back ordered now or you can pay $1100 for it now. AR receivers for those who like to build their own I have seen for $200+ and that is BARE BONE stripped lower. Sure you can still find people selling for $125 but unknown wait times.

I really think this mess is going to go WAY FAR beyond the AWB and it's going to be the least of our worries.

·
Registered
429 Posts
There was a good quote once "From my cold dead hands" I think i'll stand by that.

·
Cactus Farmer/Cat Rancher
1,974 Posts
Well I guess I should have bought an AK a few months ago. I had a feeling something like this would happen. Even .22 ammo has went way up over the last year. I have a couple of Mosin Nagants and luckily ammo for those hasn't increased as much as everything else. I bought 1200 rounds earlier this year for 220 bucks. I would like to buy some more before prices go up but I just got laid-off :(

·
just me
1,770 Posts
My dad and uncle went to a local gun show over the weekend and watched people cart off ammo on dollies. He had never seen mass purchases like that.

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
I was going to post something else, but given the times we are in, suffice it to say, I have at the minimum a good start for the long haul.

Push come to shove, deer hunting and target shooting are good practice for rough times.

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
If the government has their way with this, the next time most of us will lay hands on a military grade weapon will be when we take it from the dead.
Much can be learned from the words found in Unintended Consequences if one has the mind to process the deeper meaning of the work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw where some are saying ammo is almost gone but I have not seen that anywhere ,As far as prices go it is definately higher but not near what I have seen stated here, Maybe your just looking in the wrong place or want to scare people .Just look at aim surplus.com and there are numerous other suppliers with plenty of ammo on hand ready to ship .223 wolf ammo 230 .00 dollars/1000 rounds
7.62x39 139.00/700 rounds and shipping is usually under 40.00 dollars depending where you live,
I just purchased federal lake city xm193c in the ammo cans on stripper clips sealed and shipped to my door for 349.00 dollars per 900 rounds container. this was jason,s ammo
Cabelas currently has xm193 for 74.99 and a order over 150 dollars gets 30.00 dollars off . all you have to do is call in your orders and it will be at your door within 3-5 days from the places I have listed and I can give a list of places with ammo on hand ready to ship , as far as firearms I havent seen any shortage either, I mean if you order a new assault rifle the wait has always been 6-9 weeks even last year if you ordered from DPMS/or rock river arms ect because a lot of these guys are supplying govt agencys as well as the public. I have not seen a shortage in availability in ar type weapons or ak,s and while the demand might be high If I wanted 10 this weekend I could get them legally thru one on my local suppliers on short notice and still the prices are around 750.00dollars for a .223 depending on the variation you want,The Price can go above 1100 dollars depending on model and options, here is a link for ammo prices you can go to and suppliers /
http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Unintended Consequences

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this book at an affordable price? Only places I see it online like Amazon shows it at over $100.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
I might be willing to trade my copy for a couple of hundred rounds of 8mm ammo to fit my Mauser. :)

It's out of print, I believe, but you may be able to get your hands on a lending copy from your library. I bet they won't have it on the shelf, but could maybe request it from another library. I know my own goes to great lengths to get me books from all over.

EDIT: Boy am I wrong. Check here to go buy a copy for $28.95

http://www.accuratepress.net/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts