Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! Glad I found this website. nice to know there are like minded folk when it comes to self sufficiency and healthy food for the family out there other than when I watch youtube like Justin Rhodes, the Hollar homestead, sow the land, the fit farmer etc.

So, about me. 28, girlfriend is 25, I have a 7 year old son, ex carpenter now do doors and windows, aspring to someday be a full tiem farmer. we just rent a little homestead in the eastern shore of NS where we raise heritage breed birds (Black australorps & amerucaunas) have some blackberry bushes, 2 small garden plots that are ever expanding.

Carpentry, fishing, hunting, woodworking, gardening, reading, chess, things like this I love. Planning a big farmstead and farm family someday encompassing mostly everything, with a focus on animals likely.

Still looking for an affordable homestead with enough acreage etc but close enough to the city for work until we can spread our wings with the farm!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
hey good luck, sounds like your "hobbies" line right up with homesteading, so good for you.
affordable homestead will come at the right time - keep the faith!
welcome to the forum, there are some other folks from your area here too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts