Asking apology if I offended the wealthy

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by i4gvn, Mar 23, 2004.

1. i4gvn

i4gvn Member

Hello, this is i4gvn from Alabama. I sincerely apologize if I hit a nerve with anyone or someone whom my remarks might have pointed a finger at. Insinuation is not my best subject and at this time that is not what I am doing. As far as common sense goes, sure it is wise to regulate where meat comes from and where it goes, but to put stringent guidelines on backyard establishments is simply outrageous. I know in my younger years, it was nothing to see many out making a living off of side work and working hard at it. The object was not to "make a dollar", rather, it was a way of life that had to be reckoned with in order to have a life. We today are taken for granted by larger business-types who claim to have the majority's welfare and well-being in their hearts and on their minds while at the same time upping the price on virtually everything through extreme taxation and putting severe limits on materials which are in demand. In other words, what I am saying is, if I offended someone with a thick wallet or a heavy check book, then so be it. I appologize. But it doesn't make any sense to anyone who is trying to make something extra and the government, or should I say of our governing bodies today, the chosen, hired elect who have so small of a number in our societies governing body have so much overwhelming influence on our laws and statutes today. Most folks call that an alarchy not a democracy. So in closing, I say , God Bless, and America needs to Bless God and not the dollars. Thank Him for the rabbits, as well as the rules and regulations governing and controling the backyard rabbit farmers attempting to better themselves not through big business, rather by making a different route in trying to survive. Maybe it would be better if we went back to living out of our backyards and not so much time in the Wal-Marts and Winn-Dixies of this country. I say again, I apologize for the truth I have spoken, not that I regret speaking the truth, rather that the truth should be spoken, even though at times it does hurt to swallow pride every now and then no matter what tax bracket you might be in. Thank you all for your time and feel free to e-mail me at i4gvn@netzero.net or i4gvn@saintly.com. I am always willing to speak and to listen, but don't try and give me rules and regulations to live by, rather give me an example of truly living right and working hard to earn that right to live.

Something to add that was just recently brought to my attention through my e-mail. My arguement/debate is directed toward the PRMA not the ARBA or any of its closest affiliates. PRMA and the USDA are the primary focus of my attention. I hold no grudge with anyone and stand by my opinions. But just as I said before, I am not insinuating anyone go against the law or anything. I'm just saying the government and its direct supporters of implementing stricter guidelines for private businesses dealing with meat production from their own homes is a little too much. Some things are best left alone and unsaid. Again, thank you for your time and attention and sorry for the misunderstanding.

2. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I think that the BIGGEST problem that us do-it-yourself types have to deal with, is that the vast majority of the American people wish to forget where their food comes from.

When they look at a green field, spotted with dadylions, with some fluffy white sheep on it they say "eww-get rid of those sheep!"

When they see some rabbits lounging around in the shade, they say "ewwww- you EAT those? Can't you just BUY the meat in the grocery store?"

Americans LOVE to eat, they just don't want to know where it comes from, is all. :rolleyes:

3. SueD

SueD Well-Known Member

WELL SAID!!!! To both of you!

Another problem is that there are those out there who's common sense is overruled by their profit motive (feed lots as an example), and so rules are made to 'fit everybody' instead of the few who make a bad name for food producers in general.

I also think there is not a little amount of prejudice against small producers by both the government and the general public - its as if they think because we are small, we know less and our products are inferior, or we need to be watched more closely because we can't possibly be 'doing things right'.

I have to agree mostly with Terry.... I've met a LOT of people who just can't fathom what we do - or why (and in many cases HOW!!!!)

Sue